Dolphins & Whales - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in the Wild Want to share something about a wild or endangered animal? Look here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 04:26 PM Thread Starter
I am allergic to maths

Dolphins & Whales

Hey, just wondering if anyone else here is intrested in under-water wildlife. I love whales, tropical fish and dolphins especially. I know ALOT about dolphins and whales, and its not something my freinds seem interested in so I decided to talk about it here. I would love to know more about this type of thing, I am fascinated by these animals and always have been I want to work with these animals when im older but not in some water park, I am working hard in biology, maths, science, ect... because I would love to get a job as a marine boilogist. Sorry this post is kinda long and rambly, just wondering if anyone else finds this stuff interesting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 05:00 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I find it interesting as well, i thought about being a marine biologist as well, but then realized, i have never been to the ocean, i stink at swimming, and i would have to move to a coast and i don't know if i would like it. hehe.

They are really neat animals.

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 09:07 PM
Betta Bomb

Im a fan of whales and dolphins as well. I especially love orca's, but my favorite are sea turtles. When I get money I would love to travel down south and protect the nests and study them in more detail. I also find the wierd and bizarre sea things fascinating such as jellyfish and the deep sea critters with the crazy lights and huntung tactics..coooooool
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 01:15 AM Thread Starter
I am allergic to maths

I love stuff like that my favourite jellyfish is the pod jellyfish (cant remeber its name but thats what they are commonly called), when they're young they are all attached together and just look like a wierd flower, when they are old enough they pop of one by one, they are amazing Sea turtles are so cool, I dont know much about them though .
Orcas are cute Kandelle, I thought about it too, but its something I really want to do so ill whatever it takes! They are neat animals, the only threads ive seen about them are about: dolphins blow bubble rings (they use this as a way of communicating, its so amazing when you see it)
and a pink dolphin calf, pink dolphins are very rare.
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 08:33 AM
Betta Bomb

Sea turtles are by and large one of the most critically endangered animals in the world. Due to habitat pollution, careless human fishing tactics that drown the the turts, egg poaching and nest destruction once big tourist hotels go up on the beaches where the females lay eggs. They have been around since the dino's, and just like that we are wiping them clean off the face of the earth. This is why I want to go study them more and protect the nests.There is a beach I believe in Mexico or close by that hundreds of thousands of Olive Ridley's lay their eggs on once a year and since turtles eggs are a delicacy scavengers and poachers hang around and steal the eggs almost as they are being laid!! Now what's atrocious is that the sea turtles are pretty near extinction and the world hates Canada for the seal hunt. Im in no way supporting the seal hunt but I'm saying there's a far scarier crisis afoot what with people eating turtle eggs in mass amounts and failing to comply to national regulations in place to protect the populations of sea turtles.. I think it's cool that you'll be a marine biologist ^-^ we need more compassionate people in the industry
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 12:48 PM Thread Starter
I am allergic to maths

I got an email about the seal hunt a while ago, it was some petition that an 8 year old started when they saw a picture of a cute seal being hit round the head, I cant say I agree with the seal hunt but I wasnt going to sighn a petition that wasnt helping anything because it wasnt going anywhere exept a bunch of random people who think its a vital issue, taking attention away from species at more risk, like, the sea turtle.
I am disgusted by whaling too, I know sometimes they catch them by accident but they are using illegal nets and fishing in the wrong places, but catching them on purpose, killing them and selling their fat and bone is disgusting and wrong . I wont go into details of what happens to the whales to cause them to die because some people will probably be sick, some of the newer technology can cause them to die slowly and painfully over two hours . Alot of whale species are now endangred, the blue whale close to being one of them and some forms of whaling are still legal . Sorry to ramble and rant a bit I went to edit just now and I think I accidentally clicked the report button, sorry if I did

Last edited by RodentzRule; 04-29-2009 at 12:53 PM. Reason: wrong smilie
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 01:21 PM

Angry

omg i got that email 22 did u send it to me :o the pics were catastrophically bad :[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-07-2009, 01:29 PM Thread Starter
I am allergic to maths

I deleted the email, I didnt send it to anyone. I agree though, the pics were disgusting
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-08-2009, 12:29 AM
Amateur Zookeeper

I absolutely love dolphins, whales, sea lions, that sort of thing. I would love to talk about them here. I am really stuck on a career choice to work with marine animals, become a small animal vet, or a zookeeper. Hmmm anyway I don't really know much about them, but I would love to learn!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Purr more, Hiss less

Proud Owner to:
2 girl rats~Marlie and Lola
2 male cats~Scout and Oscar
1 girl dog~Kusa

Always in my heart, my baby girls

Rest in Peace Cleo, Lucy, Snickers, Maya, and Maggie

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 07-30-2009, 04:06 PM

under-water sealife, is awesome. best place to get up and close to a wild dolphin, in my opinon, is Hawaii, on one of their tour boats. thats when i saw my first one up close. >.< i am pathetic huh?

when i was younger i always had orca stuffies and drew em all the time, they are my all time fav. mammal underwater.

does any1 like sharks? or whale-sharks?
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-04-2009, 07:49 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

I love sea-life. My goal is to meet a Blue Whale, face to face.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 06:11 AM
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakeberebekah View Post
under-water sealife, is awesome. best place to get up and close to a wild dolphin, in my opinon, is Hawaii, on one of their tour boats. thats when i saw my first one up close. >.< i am pathetic huh?

when i was younger i always had orca stuffies and drew em all the time, they are my all time fav. mammal underwater.

does any1 like sharks? or whale-sharks?
Whale sharks are just amazing, although i do sea turtles, but i really really love sea otters they're classed as sea life right

Charlie the cocker spaniel (Male)

R.I.P, Reggie and Moss (jirdy boys) gone but never forgotten

~The soul is the same in all living creatures, although the body of each is different. Hippocrates~
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-07-2009, 06:12 AM
Adolescent Pup

^^^Do like sea turtles

Charlie the cocker spaniel (Male)

R.I.P, Reggie and Moss (jirdy boys) gone but never forgotten

~The soul is the same in all living creatures, although the body of each is different. Hippocrates~
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 12:24 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

I should assume sea otters are classified as sea mammals, yes. There's some debate why Polar Bears haven't been classified as sea mammals yet, because they love swimming.
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-08-2009, 10:40 AM
I'm not weird, I'm gifted

It could be because polar bears might like to swim, but they need land to live on, or they will drown.
Sea otters can live and sleep in the ocean.

/Pia

I apologized if my english is not correct
Owned by chinchillas since 1997
Breeding since 2005

<-- Check out my blog for Chinfo

Tags
dolphins, endangred species, tropical fish, whales