Found a toad - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in the Wild Want to share something about a wild or endangered animal? Look here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
I'm not weird, I'm gifted

Found a toad

I found a toad outside my door today

It was about the size of my palm, so it was not all that big
They just make the cutest sound when they hop across the yard. We have this really big one. She's about 30 cm in height (when she trying to crawl up something).
So it's nice to know we have a "new" toad that lives outside our house

(It's a Bufo bufo if anybody wants to know )

/Pia

I apologized if my english is not correct
Owned by chinchillas since 1997
Breeding since 2005

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-- Check out my blog for Chinfo
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 09:03 PM
Still Waiting

Aw, I love toadies! We have had one that always comes to our door everynight for about two or three years now. He will jump right into your hands too! Aw, yay!

Rest in peace my sweet babies; Sweetie and Butterz.
You will forever be missed
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 10:22 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Cool! I love toads . I didn't see many this year, though, which is strange.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 10:59 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Thats neat Pia!! Next time grab your camera and snap a pic to share with us! That would be so cool

Lve Never Fails

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-21-2006, 11:56 PM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

Cool! We have rescued what we have called frogs - maybe toad, I don't know - from our pool and I found a good sized one in the skimmer one day. He was still alive, thank goodness, so I ushered him out near the fence so the dogs and cat wouldn't find him. We are usually covered up w/them in August and it's so cool to hear them all singing at once.

We also have anoles (I called them lizards, but my daughter corrected me) all over the place. I just love them, especially the tiny baby ones. Sometimes hubby will catch a baby and bring it in the house for me to see, then we put it back outside. One of my dogs has only one eye and she has the best time chasing them. There is little chance that she will catch one.

If you get some pix of your toad please share!! Everybody always likes to see pictures!

Crittercall

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

If i get a pic of our old toad (she's been with us for about 10 years) I'll post it, and I'll do the same if I get hold of the new one again..

We've allso got a snake (Natrix natrix) She's about 1 meter long. and sometimes we get to see the kids... It's super cool

And I guess I've got to get some pics of the foxes who somtimes visit our garden, and the deers?

Uhuh - once a big goshawk caut a blackbird in our garden, and my dad got some pics of this - I thing I'll try to get them in here at some point...

Crittercall:
We'v only got 2 sorts of lizards in Denmark, and they do not live in the area I live in

/Pia

Breeding since 2005

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 04:39 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

We have toads too & little green tree frogs. In the spring, we have lots of tiny little toads that hatch around here somewhere. lol The little green frogs are the kind with the sticky feet & they cling to our windows, house siding, doors etc.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-22-2006, 06:47 PM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

Oh my yes, pix of the deer and the fox! I've raised a fawn and a baby fox in the past and would love to see yours - although I came to believe that a deer was nothing but a goat in a pretty coat! (She'd had a hard time.) But then, a lot of vets I've worked with say that my shihtzu is just a cat in a dog suit.......I guess that's just my taste!

I'd love to see the baby snakes! I'm not by nature a big snake lover, but we do have a black snake that lives under our palm tree at the front of the house and we catch it sometimes sunning itself on the sidewalk or driveway. Once we found it's entire shed skin on top of the hedge bushes around the tree. We've been here for 9 years and the snake has been here the whole time I think.

I came home one day to find an deceased aramadillo in the middle of the road surrounded by buzzards. I grabbed my camera and took pictures, advancing on the birds until they flew off onto the roof across the street. Not very pretty pictures! And once there was a sandhill crane in the street nearby - a tall, gray bird with a huge long beak - but by the time I got my camera and got back outside the neighbor was walking back to her house and said it had left. Having lived most of my life in GA and KY, I see different kinds of wildlife in FL.

Thanks!

Crittercall

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."

Last edited by Crittercall; 10-22-2006 at 06:53 PM.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 10-24-2006, 08:31 PM Thread Starter

OMG
You guys must live such cool places...

Denmark is kanda flat all over, and it's weat mostly all year round, so we do not have all that many exotic animals... the biggest meat eating animal we've got in the wild's a badger...

/Pia

Breeding since 2005

Tags
exotic animals, tree frog