Fox saying hi to us! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in the Wild Want to share something about a wild or endangered animal? Look here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-24-2007, 09:09 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

Fox saying hi to us!

So we got hay tonight (a little late) for the horse and hubby was having a hard time getting it into the barn. She (Trix... the horse) kept trying to get into the barn while he walked away to get the hay. That's a no-no with him and she knows it. She's just bad!
So I'm sitting in here listening to her run back and forth- I have no idea he's out there having a hard time with her so I walked out there to just watch her run (she's beautiful to watch run) and there's about a 3 foot sliding hoof-print at the barn door where she was running and he stopped her . Anywho, Kevin told me to look over towards the woodsy part of our yard because he thought he had seen a fox. (It's 9:45pm so it's pretty dark) Sure enough there was a little one hanging out over there just watching us!!
We all (Trix included) just stood there for a while and watched him and he started to walk towards us. He walked out of the shadows and came about 30 feet from us. It was so cool. We started moving around again and he went in a circle and then back into the shadows. We could still see his big ears looking at us just about the whole rest of the time we were out there. It was neat, figured I'd share.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 12:09 AM
Obsessed with Criss Angel

I love foxes I wanted a fennec fox
for a pet for a few years now.
I named a wild fox "Petite Rouge" before .
(no i'm not french that could even be spelled wrong!) But it was SUPPOSED
to mean "Little Red"

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 09:10 AM
Oily Chickenspew

i love seeing animals in the wild!

Tara
Andy-Chinchilla
Jaws & Chomper-Firebellied Toads Senor-Tiger Salamander
Merlin-Crowntail Betta Harry Potter-Mystery Snail
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 10:07 AM
Princess in Waiting

It's great to see animals in their own environment. Do you live in the country? I am assuming that you are in a somewhat rural area because of the horse and barn.......if you were in a city I'd be concerned about a fox coming so close to humans. Not a good sign!

Aren't the best moments sometimes those when you'd like to have a picture of it, but the memory is so great that it's okay? I've been to golf courses and seen deer there and they are so beautiful.

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 03:53 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

by my daughters school theres a fig orchard and 2 families of foxes in it...the kids see them all the time when they are at PE lol they are so cute...its in the city but just 2 years ago that was all orchards, in 2 years 2 schools went up and about 2000 houses so they are loosing their little habbitat rapidly...they are so fun to watch playing out in the field

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2007, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
Proud New Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crittercall
It's great to see animals in their own environment. Do you live in the country? I am assuming that you are in a somewhat rural area because of the horse and barn.......if you were in a city I'd be concerned about a fox coming so close to humans. Not a good sign!

Aren't the best moments sometimes those when you'd like to have a picture of it, but the memory is so great that it's okay? I've been to golf courses and seen deer there and they are so beautiful.
Oh yeah we live in the country. There's not much around us-- so little I can go outside in my underwear to feed the horse!!! Someone would have to be in my backyard to see me because of all the trees around the perimeter of the property.
He was extremely cute-- I so wish I could have taken a picture so I could see him in the light but it was so much fun, I'm glad I didn't go looking for the camera. Maybe we'll see him again since we didn't seem to scare him.

"Live your beliefs and you can turn the world around"- Henry David Thoreau