I got birdies nestin on my porch - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in the Wild Want to share something about a wild or endangered animal? Look here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

I got birdies nestin on my porch

We have a pair of eastern pheobes nestin on our porch. I managed to get a picture of the inside of their nest today. Here's the two I have.

This is where the nest is on the porch. It's right outside our front door.

Here's the inside with 5 eggs in it. I'm excited!!! I'm gonna try to get pics of the babies as they hatch and grow w/out scarin mom and dad.
I think the nest it gorgeous.

Because I was born in the South, I'm a Southerner. If I had been born in the North, the West or the Central Plains, I would be just a human being.
Clyde Edgerton
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-16-2005, 08:43 PM
Princess in Waiting

Wow! You've got Joey, Chandler, Monica, Ross, Rachel and Phoebe the Mama Bird! Cool!

If the birds are laying like they are I guess we can believe it is really spring - although FL has been fairly cool and windy the past couple of days.

Good luck - and keep us posted. Try not to bother them too much.

Critter

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-03-2005, 06:53 PM
Adolescent Pup

neato! we have a sparrow nest in our pine tree out front..... i would post pics but i have no idea how to use my new camera. (the instructions are in japanese! LOL)

Oh wait...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
I'm an adolecent pup now!!

My babies:

Princess, Ginger, and Rocky

Physsie, Goldie, Zen, and Rusty

Thunder, Zeus,Zippy, and, Dutchess
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 07:21 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

They Hatched!!

The babies are here!!! I didn't think they were ever gonna hatch. They are cute. They look like grey fuzzballs with beaks.

!!!!!!!!! Now, they've gotta grow up and fly away.

Because I was born in the South, I'm a Southerner. If I had been born in the North, the West or the Central Plains, I would be just a human being.
Clyde Edgerton
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-09-2005, 06:00 PM
Adolescent Pup

wow! they are super cute!! congrats to the lucky parents!

Oh wait...
I'm an adolecent pup now!!

My babies:

Princess, Ginger, and Rocky

Physsie, Goldie, Zen, and Rusty

Thunder, Zeus,Zippy, and, Dutchess
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Look. The babies are getting feathers!!!!! And its gettin crowded in the nest. I hope nobody falls out.

Clyde Edgerton
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-11-2005, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Movin' Up in the Pack

Heres some more baby birds we have. These are in a nest in one of our roses on the fence. They are tiny.

Clyde Edgerton
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 11:16 AM
Paw Talk's prodicle son .

Aww wow they are just too adorable for words, all those whittle baby birdies, do you know what type of bird they are.

Yes that nest is getting a bit crowded, I cant believe were watching these little fellers grow up.

You will have to get your pics just as they have first left for food.

Shhhh!

= ^ _ ^ =

* sings *

He's in the Jailhouse now , he's in the Jailhouse now , well I told him once or twice .

To stop chewing wood and Pooping nice , he's in the jailhouse now.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-12-2005, 11:33 AM
Just Call Me Oblivious!

Awww they're so sweet!

When I worked in the greenhouse, we have TONS of Swallow's nests all over the place. There were literally hundreds of Swallows around at any given point in time, and they nested about three times in a four month period! It was so fun to watch them, though it got kind of dangerous when they used the greenhouse for a practice field! "Watch out for the swallow babies!!" became a common cry! They didn't know the difference between dive bombing and diving away

Tags
baby birds