Lil Carolina Wren - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in the Wild Want to share something about a wild or endangered animal? Look here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-12-2005, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Lil Carolina Wren

This little guy flew into a bedroom window, then the living room window and then the computer room window. I went outside to look for him but didn't find him. A while later we found him in our garage just laying there not moving. We had heard him hit at least one or two of the windows in the garage too! He had his beak open and didn't look to good. We watched him for about 5-10 mins and he just couldn't move. We didn't think he was gonna make it because he couldn't hold himself up at all.

I held him for a few minutes and he eventually closed his beakie (when it was open is when he was really looking pathetic). I sat on the ground on our driveway near the grass and didn't close my hands around him so he was free to flutter away when he regained his strength. And thank goodness he did! I guess he just needed to recover. I wonder why he flew into so many windows. My goodness, the poor guy! We've had birds fly into our windows before but never the same bird so many times in a row! Maybe the first time really stunned him... who knows.

So here are a couple of pics we got. Oh and he's a Carolina Wren, we have bunches of them that come to our feeders.

Right before he flew away. Isn't he beautiful!

~ Jodi ~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-13-2005, 03:16 AM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

I love those birds. I think they are so beautiful.
I am so glad he was ok.
He must have been very scared

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My handsome Prince

Swirly, Squashy, Squishy, Spot, Star, Slash and Rocky

Indy and Myfanwy

Tilly, Emil, Sonny and Smudge
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 10:26 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

aaaawwwww what a little beauty he is

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 02:16 PM
Miss New Booty

Awww wow, Jodi! He is so adorable!!! Glad he was ok, poor guy must've been stunned like you said!

~* Jackie *~

post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 02:43 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

He is very pretty...Im glad he got to feeling better!!

post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 02:57 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

What a beauty! I've never seen really close up pictures of them before, I've seen them alot just not nice and close like that. I love them! My middle name is Wrenn with two n's I'm so glad he/she got better and was able to fly off again. It's so odd that he hit so many windows, I've seen a few hit windows here at the store but I always thought it was because they were so huge and just a straight up window. Odd.

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 05:43 PM
Part of the Pack

Glad he's okay! He is a very pretty bird.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-14-2005, 05:46 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Aww what a cutie.. Big hug to you for looking after him and making him safe and well enough to go back!

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin