The mice are back - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in the Wild Want to share something about a wild or endangered animal? Look here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

If you were really concerned about your daughter's health, you would try your hardest to get his number as soon as possible and get this taken care of. I'm just saying, this is an issue that needs addressing now, instead of 'whenever I bump into him I'll mention it in passing'. Sorry that is so blunt, but I've known people and pets that have gotten insanely sick and pets dying from diseases that were given to them by mice/rat infestation. Its horrible and there could have been something done about it, if only the tenant/landlord were more concerned at the time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-02-2010, 11:11 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Um, if you're talking about the Hantavirus, there's actually very few cases of it worldwide. And the only species of mice to have ever been known to carry Hantavirus is the Deer mouse, but there's still only a handful of cases where people have been infected. There are no known cases of House mice ever contracting Hantavirus and/or spreading it.

And according to Washington State's Department of Health, "Pets, snakes, and predators don’t become infected and can’t spread hantavirus infection to people or other animals." So I don't know what the pets you speak of got ill and died from, but apparently, it wasn't the Hantavirus.

And according to the PDF file from this site, as well: http://www.cfsph.iastate.edu/FastFac...ntavirus_F.pdf

Says the same thing; and the only way pet mice and rats can contract it is through a bite from the infected Deer mouse, or by inhaling the disease through the infected Deer mouse's excretions.

For your benefit, VanillaRat, here's a site that shows a drawing of what Deer mice droppings look like, so you can distinguish whether you actually have deer mice running around, and thus the risk of infection, or if you just have House mice around, which don't carry the Hantavirus: http://www.ehso.com/ehshome/hantavirus_mousesigns.htm

Last edited by FlickeringHope; 08-02-2010 at 11:21 PM.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 10:59 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

Becrac - Yeah,thanks a lot for judging me.

I am not posting here anymore,not in this thread anyway.

I care a lot about my family and you have no right to say otherwise.You only know me via what I post and so therefore you do not know what I have done,except for what I have posted.Also I don't come here much anymore,so instead of assuming things,you could of ASKED.But no,you make assumptions I do not care about my daughter...in the amount of time I have taken to reply I may or may not of done something,but I am not even bothering posting here in this thread anymore.You have crossed a line.

And did I ever say my house was infested? No I did not.
I said there were a lot of mice in the basement from what I heard.

So think what you will of me,but I know what is best for my family and I care more about my family then I care about you.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-05-2010, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
RAT ADDICT

I posted this thread to figure out what I can do and to vent...not to have people make assumptions.And by the way,the landlord has put poison out which I have mentioned...but clearly it has done nothing since there are still mice around.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *