My little buddy - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in the Wild Want to share something about a wild or endangered animal? Look here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-26-2005, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

My little buddy

I almost got a pic of my little buddy. We have a ground hog that lives in our yard. (we live in the middle of the city litterally 3 blocks of the main street, but we have almost 2 acres) Well he has lived here as long as we have. Does anyone know how long they live? Because my grandparents moved in here in 1980 and he has been here since then. But I think there may be more then one living here. Because he looked much darker this time then last time I seen him. He was a blackish silver today and normally looks brownish red. He was also a little more jittery. I can normally talk to him and he will sit there and sun himself but today he ran off when I started talking. I am going to try again for pics because he is one BIG boy. and oh so cute!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 10:29 AM
Princess in Waiting

I don't know much about those little fellers. I haven't seen any in FL, but did see them in KY. And the only reason I think we saw them there is because subdivisions were being built over there homes and they don't have anywhere to go. I hate that for all the critters that are being run out of their natural habitats but don't know what to do about it.

But I'd love to see a picture of him if you can get it!

Critter

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-27-2005, 08:35 PM Thread Starter

Well it is offical there is a family. My "big boy" is most deffinitly a girl, as she brought four little ones out today. There are 2 black and silver and two brown and red like she is. I started talking to them and she calmed the babies so they didnt take off. How great. We went and bought some dried corn for them to day. (she LOVES dried corn) I am so happy I thought I had one but there is 5! whoohoo!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 11:53 AM
Adolescent Pup

I think it's very nice that you are accepting to the ground hog family in your yard, and even feeding them....My grandfather used to shoot or trap the groundhogs he saw in his yard.

~Misty~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 05:29 PM
Dinky Corsetkisser

I love groundhogs, and I don't mind them in my yard ever, but my dogs mind them being there so we are always looking for treatments that just repel in a non harmful way so my dogs don't get them...so far peppermint extract has worked, we have not had any in awhile, but we do go to my daughters school in the evening to watch them

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-28-2005, 10:04 PM

Groundhogs are sooo cute. Have you ever seen them climb a tree??? Its kinda funny.

Tags
dried corn