My new love! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in the Wild Want to share something about a wild or endangered animal? Look here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 07:32 AM Thread Starter
Salamander Burgermuffin

My new love!

Mississippi Kite

(i didn't take these pics btw, found them online)

Eight or more of these birds recently moved into our neighborhood. I love them! Last week we had set up our hammock and there were at least 8 or 9 circling over our house! Ive never seen them before so took me quite awhile to figure out what they were since they fly so high up there hard to see, but this morning there were two in the tree in our front yard! I guess they nest in may and June and they like to nest in colonies so thats why theres so many of them, I'd love to know where there nesting. There beautiful, and they like to eat bugs and snakes and stuff, whats not to love?

Whats your favorite wild bird?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Furry Family
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-20-2008, 05:37 PM
Princess in Waiting

That is a beauty. Kite's are not really large birds are they? Not as small as a starling or something like that, but not the size of a redtailed hawk.

We were having a car repaired a few years ago and went to the dealer to pick it up. There was a wooded area behind the building where we parked and I got out of the car and heard the unmistakable sound of baby birds. Luckily I had my camera with me so I picked it up and zoomed in to find baby eagles! I was impressed! My husband says it isn't unusual to see them on the golf courses and we have friends who have/had a next at the edge of their back yard and got to see the babies grow up - and take pix.

My favorite wild bird? Red tailed hawks are pretty awesome. I've rehabbed a few of those and the power they have is really something. I also rehabbed a great horned owl that was interesting. I love to watch the eagles, but I closer to home I also enjoy the egrets and the seagulls.

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."

Tags
baby birds