My parents have an un-invited guest in their attic! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in the Wild Want to share something about a wild or endangered animal? Look here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2004, 12:46 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

My parents have an un-invited guest in their attic!

Say hello to "buzz"

seriously, have you ever held a bat? they buzz like crazy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bat.jpg (18.3 KB, 32 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2004, 02:04 AM
Bat
Playful Pup

Bats are cute, they purr when they're happy.

We do bat rehab, although is being a quiet year atm, so no bats yet.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2004, 03:03 AM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Aww...I don't care what anyone says...bats are cute!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2004, 05:50 PM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

I think i'm the only one at my mom's house who isn't affraid of the bats when they come in... we had one, that got out during the day, and he kept trying to bite, so unfortunatly, we had to kill him... I cried so hard, I just wanted to pick him up and put him out like all the others....

Most of the bats are pretty easy going, and the little sonar buzz they make is so cute.... it really does vibrate your whole inside when they direct it towards you, very interesting feeling.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2004, 08:34 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Awww, I love bats! At my parents place I used to get little brown bats in my bedroom all the time!! They were so sweet!!! And they kept the mosquitos at bay!

Owned by 26 chins, 7 cats, 2 dogs, and 7 aquariums

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Come drop by!

post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2004, 02:02 AM
Bat
Playful Pup

If a bat tries to bite, cover it up with a piece of cloth, they normally calm down a lot when they can't see anything, whihc makes it a lot easier to move them around, and a lot less stressful for the bat, also a thick pair of gloves will make it easier to pick the bat up without risk of getting bitten,

Although if the bats you have are a lot bigger than the ones we have, then that isn't true. Ours range from 12cm nose to toes, to 2.5cm nose to toes.

And putting a bit of cloth over a bat will normally make it settle down very fast
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2004, 02:36 AM Thread Starter
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bat
If a bat tries to bite, cover it up with a piece of cloth, they normally calm down a lot when they can't see anything, whihc makes it a lot easier to move them around, and a lot less stressful for the bat, also a thick pair of gloves will make it easier to pick the bat up without risk of getting bitten,

Although if the bats you have are a lot bigger than the ones we have, then that isn't true. Ours range from 12cm nose to toes, to 2.5cm nose to toes.

And putting a bit of cloth over a bat will normally make it settle down very fast
this one bat was INSANE
he was actually attacking .... my dad killed it and threw it in the fireplace after it died... he was afraid it had rabies or something *not the brightest guy in the world, he should have had it tested*
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2004, 07:33 AM
Bat
Playful Pup

In those cirsumstances I agree, picking it up would not be sensible, sounds like it may have been injured or something

The type of rabies that bats gets will make them go quiet, and although they will attack anyhting that tries to handle them, they will mainly attempt to crawl into a small space, and hide away from everything.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-25-2004, 08:54 PM
Adolescent Pup

yes bats are really neat i love going to our local zoo and watching the bat exhibit
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2004, 06:10 PM
Newborn Pup

Wink bats

Bats are cute. I love mice and they look like mice with wings lol

~*Beloved*~

For the love of animals
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-03-2004, 10:43 PM
Princess in Waiting

I never had any experience with bats while I was rehabbing. Someone did bring one in to the ER clinic while I was working there and the dr insisted that only one person touch it and rubber gloves be worn. It was a little feller (fruit bat?). I was taught in working with animals that it was always a bit better to guess on the wild side. (And guess who has scars to show she learned her lesson well?)

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."