Owl Pictures - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in the Wild Want to share something about a wild or endangered animal? Look here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-2004, 07:37 PM Thread Starter
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Owl Pictures

In case you missed the thread, yesterday we discovered a family of owls living in one of the trees right in front of my office at work. There are 3 babies. I brought my camera to work today and took a ton of shots. It was hard to get the perfect shot because I had to look straight up and then you get the glare. Hubby & I will be going tomorrow (I don't work Fridays) and trying to get some more shots.

Anyway, here we go.... I hope you enjoy 'em as much as I do!

Either the mama or daddy...

Another of one of the parents...

Mom and one of the babies.... (mom on left)

All 3 babies on the same branch...

2 of the babies...one on the right is sleeping

And now....my 2 favorite pictures of the ton I took. How cute are these guys?!?

~ Jodi ~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-2004, 07:40 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Absolutely beautiful, Jodi! Great pictures!

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-2004, 07:47 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

They're very pretty ^_^. Nice pictures!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-2004, 09:14 PM
Fluffy Potatokisser

Great pics! Thanks for sharing!

Chin Mom to Lila, Skye, Ty, Rolex, Calypso, Lizzie, Jax, Sam, Sage, Lorenzo, Spitfire, Holly, Dylan, Leia, Punky, Kylie, Skylar, Jetta, Oreo, Emma, Forest, Georgie, Alexis, Picador and all the kits!
Pittie Mom to Kali and Orion
Rattie Mom to Drake and Dumbo
Bunny Mom to Dutchie
Plain ole Mom to Zach, Brandon and Connor!
Come visit us at
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-2004, 09:28 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

Jodi that is amazing!! they are so majestic looking! I love em Thanks for sharing!!
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-13-2004, 09:35 PM
Princess in Waiting

Oh, these are fair, I guess!! Just teasing - can't wait until you can find a more overcast day, etc. to get better lighting. I get so obsessive about things like that! My digital camera has somewhat died on me and I'm not one bit happy about it! Especially with Baby coming soon.

Given generalizations about wildlife, wouldn't the more handsome (or colorful or talkative)one be the male?

Looking foward to more.

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2004, 09:52 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

omg! i wish i could see something like that! how amazing! i bet work isn't as bad now, eh? thank you so much for posting them.

post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2004, 11:03 PM
Princess in Waiting

I raised three or four owls and they are awesome. We got one barn owl when she looked like a little Hostess Snowball (all round and fluffy) and she would sit on Bubba's shoulder while he fooled with the computer. You ought to see the wing span on some of the large owls. Golly tamale Bozy! (To keep them from biting you you hold their feet between your fingers and hold them upside down. Their wings automatically go out full spread. Same goes for hawks.)

BUT everything grows up and does what it was meant to do in life!

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."

Last edited by capnsweets; 05-15-2004 at 06:26 PM.
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-14-2004, 11:36 PM
User Is No Longer Welcome

Awesome, awesome, awesome! I can't say how awesome those pictures are! Thanks for sharing
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-15-2004, 06:01 PM

Jodi those are fantastic! I hope you take lots more!
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-15-2004, 06:24 PM
I Wish I Were a Snot Ball Shooter

Awesome pictures, Jodi !
Beautiful birds - wow! I'd love to see something like that!

Sharon
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-15-2004, 09:54 PM
I'll name him Squishy!!

the owls are soooo adorable....you take great pictures.

I've been frosted!

Interested in Photography or Art? Want to show off your pictures or artwork? Please join the

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-16-2004, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

Thanks guys! It was quite an experience.

Unfortunately, when Kenny & I went to check on them on Friday, they were gone. I didn't get a chance to go check Sat or Sun but I will check when I go to work tomorrow. Kenny was really bummed that he didn't get to see them. If I do see them tomorrow, I'll be sure to take more pictures (can't help myself!).

~ Jodi ~

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-16-2004, 10:07 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Awww!!! They are so cute!

*Brandy*

|
|
|

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 05-17-2004, 07:03 PM
Eli
Movin' Up in the Pack

man!!! they looked like they were out there on purpose lol. it was like mom and dad told them someone wants your pic!! go go go lol. Critter, what did you feed the baby owl?

Tags
beautiful bird