Peregrines in YOUR home! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in the Wild Want to share something about a wild or endangered animal? Look here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2005, 03:23 PM Thread Starter
Curmudgeon

Peregrines in YOUR home!

That title is a bit misleading, sorry..

This year I haven't seen sign of our local peregrines nesting. It's pretty disappointing, but understandable. The structure they normally nest on is being painted. I doubt they'll nest with all the disturbance. Bummer..

However, I can still get my falcon fix vicariously, by indulging in a little state sponsored voyeurism.

While there are a lot of nest cams out there, below are some links to a few of my favorite falcon web cams.

You'll notice that several are already ON EGGS! Woot!

The Kodak Birdcam, one of the oldest falcon webcams ...ain't seen nothing on it yet, but then again I haven't been watching all that closely. But so far, no birds, no eggs..
[http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQueri...requestid=8290

Harrisburg PA, a nice cam. So far I've only gotten a glimpse of the male once. Don't know if he has acquired a female (..pretty darn expensive things in my experience ..'course I'm not talking about birds! ). Later in the season this my be a good one to watch:
http://www.dep.state.pa.us/dep/falcon/

Ohio Falcon Cams. In the upper right side of the page, inside the red box are links to three different cams in Ohio. Cleveland (sitting on two eggs right now), Dayton (REALLY good set up with three cams, also sitting eggs!!) and Columbus (Says camera is down for repair. Looks like it's working, just no falcons or directed improperly. I'll still check on this one from time to time)
http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/features/...onredirect.htm

There you go, you can be a "computer potato" and still keep up to speed with the fastest bird in the world!

Enjoy!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"
I think, therefore I drive fast.

Last edited by Mygala; 03-19-2005 at 03:32 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2005, 03:27 PM

The first and last sites aren't showing up? And the middle one only comes up as a red X.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2005, 03:31 PM Thread Starter
Curmudgeon

Sorry, my bad..

Fixed 'em.

Try again Natalie, they all three work for me now..

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2005, 03:36 PM

How cool! It works now, thanks so much.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2005, 08:17 PM
Princess in Waiting

I'll give it a shot tomorrow when the sun is out! Thanks. When we were in KY they had a peregrine cam on top of one of the buildings downtown and it was on TV all the time. I'll have to check with my daughter and see if the still have it and will let you know. Always fun to peek, huh?

Critter

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2005, 08:44 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Wow! I'll definitely take a look when I get home! Thanks Bob!

Stephanie

post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2005, 10:33 PM

Thanks for the heads up!

I know where the Cleveland falcons nest. I helped maintain the Cleveland falconcam when I used to work for APK.net (before they were bought out).

It's good to see that *someone* (although not too sure who) is maintaining falconcam here in Cleveland Those falcons are absolutely amazing!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-08-2005, 06:18 AM Thread Starter
Curmudgeon

Now is a good time to visit all of them, they all have chicks now.

The Harrisburg PA is a great one. If you click on the LIVE falcon cam, download the "falcon.ram" into documents, then go into documents and click on that, it'll bring up a window with live video and sound ...

It's great!

The Mistress
"Cogito Ergo Zoom"