Pet & Wild animals - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in the Wild Want to share something about a wild or endangered animal? Look here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 11:51 AM Thread Starter

Post Pet & Wild animals

There are many problems about wild animals at present.The number of them becomes smaller. Some kinds are no longer seen. It must be because the trees in the forest are pulled down and they have no place to stay. However, in my opinion, we shouldn’t raise wild animals as pets.
Firstly, by their nature, wild animals should be in the forest. Their droppings make perfect forest. Secondly, besides, wild animals become fierce when they grow up. They may cause danger to their owners.
So we should leave wild animals enjoy their lives in the jungle instead of the pets at home.
What is appropriate punishment for the wild animals owners?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 01:01 PM

i agree 100%.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2009, 08:53 PM
Fluffy Gerbilshorts

The problem is, in a lot of areas, and I'm sure other countries there really aren't rules regarding keeping wild animals. In places like Asia tons of animals are wild caught then sold on the Black Market.

Also, in the US there are many reptiles that are wild caught then kept as pets. Look at Box Turtles. People find them on the side of the road and think they need a home then try to keep them as pets. People also find wounded animals and take them in without calling the proper people or just letting nature take it's course.

There are also people who FEED wild animals thinking they are doing something good, then completely ruining the "wild" nature of that animal and ruining all their survival skills.

I think as a society we need to be educated on what to do when a wild animal is encountered and know to just leave them alone and try not to "help".

In a way I really hate Zoos, but on the other hand Zoos can do a lot of good to breed animals that are endangered and going to be extinct.

*Missy*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 03:04 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Trade of wildlife and exotic animals still happens around the world and sad only few only stopped. One sad news is the transport of eggs of birds only hidden the pocket of the carrier which mostly happen the eggs got broken..

"Play with me and keep me busy! You have your work, your entertainment, and friends. I only have you! " - Unknown

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Visit -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
- for fun and tips for pets!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 05:51 AM
I'm not weird, I'm gifted

It's still legal to get some WC animals here.
The problem with most WC animals is, that they have all kinds of bacteria and stuff, they may live fine with in the wild, but when we get them, they become ill and most of them die.
This is especially true for a lot of snakes.

Imo the biggest problem is how it's stressing the animals, because they are kept as pets.
Sometimes it might even have an effect on the whole food chain, because it's rare animals.

Do you know BOS? http://www.savetheorangutan.org/
They are actually doing something by confiskating wild orangutans that are kept illegally (sp?)
There are a few other organisations like this one, as far as I know.

I think they are doing it the right way. Taking away the animals, and not giving anything for them.
In the long run, it's just not good buisness to get all your animals taken from you.

/Pia

I apologized if my english is not correct
Owned by chinchillas since 1997
Breeding since 2005

<-- Check out my blog for Chinfo

Tags
wild