Picture of new baby - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in the Wild Want to share something about a wild or endangered animal? Look here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-02-2003, 08:56 PM Thread Starter
Princess in Waiting

Cool Picture of new baby

Isn't she adorable???
Attached Images
File Type: jpg baby \'coon 01 4-2-03.jpg (30.7 KB, 75 views)

CRITTERCALL

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-02-2003, 08:57 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Aweeeeeeeeee Critter she is a doll

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-02-2003, 10:54 PM
Wanted: New Title

Another adorable baby.

She/he reminds me of the baby badger I got to take care of when I was a kid.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-03-2003, 12:53 AM
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

awwww she is just a wittle baby, she needs huggin and lovin and------------wait where did that come from?

post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-03-2003, 12:56 AM
Incubator Cricket Killer

OMG!!! Adorable!! I want her !!!

post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-03-2003, 08:35 AM Thread Starter
Princess in Waiting

Cool

Uh huh, all this cuteness and sweetness will last a couple of months - then it's WATCH OUT!!

CRITTERCALL

post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-03-2003, 01:43 PM
Chim-Chim GizzardFanny!

my mom had a raccoon when she was younger.

Ya know how raccoons wash ALL their food!?
Well my moms older brother decided to give it ice cream one time. The poor thing washed the ice cream and it disapeared right in front of her eyes! The poor thing was making all these noises and searching everywhere for it. It could smell it but couldn't find it... lol I want a raccoon!!!

Alicyn

post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-03-2003, 02:47 PM

Awwww shes so cute.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-03-2003, 03:51 PM
I Heart My Job

aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwww she is sooooo cute. I just love her. wish i could give her a hug...

sparkle->
shadow->

To seize the dragon is to face life.

I've been frosted!
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-03-2003, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Princess in Waiting

Cool

She's in my lap right now - trying to keep her off the keyboard!

Pokey, you ought to see them with an ice cube - same thing happens. This one is still on KMR right now; it'll be a while before we start having fun with marshmallows, etc.

CRITTERCALL

post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-03-2003, 06:31 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

AWWWWWW SOOOOo adorable......

sassy i want one please!
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-03-2003, 06:34 PM
Adolescent Pup

Thought I would share a coon story

When my dad was a kid they had all kinds of animals. Well, they had a raccoon as a pet. My grandmother told me all kinds of things that he did that I found hysterical. First he used to wash everything, so one night when my grandmother had gone into my Uncles room to check on him (he snuck out a lot) she walked across the room and stepped in something wet and squishy when she stepped again it was the same thing when she got to the light she looked around he had got every sox that was under the bed out and washed them lol. After that she would give him the boys sox and a tub of water with soap and one without. She said he would sit there and wash them all and lay them out on the table lol. He also would go up to my grandfather when he was asleep and pull just one hair out of his head at a time. Unfortunately when he turned six there was something health wise wrong with him and he turned nasty.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-03-2003, 07:23 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Oh my gosh!!!!!! How absolutely adorable!!!!! :hershey:

Rhonda

post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-03-2003, 07:55 PM
Kritter_Keeper

Awwwww its adorable! Too bad she wouldn't stay that size huh? I heard they get really destructive if you keep them when they're older.

post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-03-2003, 07:56 PM
I Wish I Were a Snot Ball Shooter

Got a coon story of my own ...

My hubby found a baby last Spring, she was on the side of the road bawling. I swear, she was so close to death - she was nothing but skin and bones, no body heat - nothing. We called our vet, asking if he would check her over and maybe get her a rabies shot (Our plan was to eventually return her to the woods) He said we needed a permit for her first.
Much to our suprise (and horror), in the state of Ohio, raccoons are "nuisance animals". They're illegal to keep, and any that are turned in to wildlife rehabs, adult or juvenile, are destroyed. So, animal control could come get her and destroy her - or we could put her back where we found her. As if. They evidently didn't know who they were dealing with.
In the end, I took her to a lady over in Indiana. It was an hour's drive, but by God, I'da driven 3 hours if I'd had to. These people had a huge property surronded by private woods - that was where she was released this past September. I often wonder if she made it thru this awful winter. I'll never know, but I'm happy we gave her a second chance.
Here's a picture of her - she wasn't quite 100% yet, but the lady I took her to said I'd done a good job (and what a job that was). She was a lot of work, but we had her for just a week - and she was a lot of fun !

Sharon

Tags
animal control, dog food