Puerto Rico Birds - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in the Wild Want to share something about a wild or endangered animal? Look here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-23-2004, 01:58 AM Thread Starter
Stinky Liverbrain

Puerto Rico Birds

Hi all!! Many of you must have already realized that I'm the camera freak... so I took my camera today to take pictures of the parrots! LOL.. I manage to get 1 GREAT picture of a parrot, plus another bird that I don't know and a crane. Also I looked through my albums and digged a couple of old pictures of birds I had.. those are first. I took a couple of random pictures, but when I figure out how to make a new picture album elsewhere to upload them, then I'll show you.. my photobucket accound is full.. oops!!! well.. here are the pics...

This is a Pitirre. One of the 13 endemic species of birds of PR.

This is a front view of a pitirre.. pitirres are very fierce birds and often a pair of them can make go away a full grown broad winged hawk, which is several times their size. 8)

I think this is a wild finch.

A dove.. LOL

Ok.. now the attached pictures.. the first and the third are the parrot. This one is not a puertorrican parrot, but a dominican parrot. They are very similar, but the dominican parrot has some red markings around the beak while PR parrot doesn't. PR parrot is very endangered and it only exists in the area of El Yunque (Carribean National Rainforest).

The second is the crane and the fourth and fifth are the unidentified bird. I know I have some more around.. but I have to look on my puter for them.. so maybe later I'll add them to this post. I hope you enjoy them!!! 8)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Cotorra 02.jpg (47.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Garza 01.jpg (32.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg Cotorra 01.jpg (58.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg Pajaro 01.jpg (53.5 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Pajaro 02.jpg (48.8 KB, 2 views)

Dimaris

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement