Some days, I love my job. - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in the Wild Want to share something about a wild or endangered animal? Look here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Some days, I love my job.

Look what came in tonight. Someone found him on the side of the road. (Pardon the lighting, I didn't want to use flash and freak him out even more)

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 05:52 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

whats the matter with him? is he ok now?

[/CENTER]

post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

We're not sure yet. They've consulted with our avian veterinarian and a local raptor preserve. He may have been hit by a car while trying to get some prey.

Stephanie

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 05:55 PM
Mud
Part of the Pack

wow!! that is sooo cool!!!!
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 06:00 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Oh wow!! He is so incredibly beautiful!!
How wonderful you got to hold him!! (it was you wasnt it?)
Even just to see it so close....WOW!!

Lve Never Fails

post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 06:03 PM
I Have Foot-In-Mouth Syndrome

Wow, how beautiful! I do hope he's ok.

I got a valentine!

3 cats, Yazi, Bit, and Thunder
8 rats, Bob, Cocoa, Zara, Kennit, Aviendha, Skewer, Bean, and Raleigh
3 mice, Briella, Sophie, and Jackson
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 07:47 PM
Super Soaker Snot Ball Shooter

Wow! He/She is awesome!

Rhonda

post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 07:55 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Oooh, that's so cool! I hope he'll be ok.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-26-2007, 09:44 PM
Will It Ever Change?

that's incredible! what a beaut.

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 12:06 AM
Miss New Booty

Oh WOW! He is beautiful! I hope he is ok!

~* Jackie *~

post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 12:16 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

beautiful i need a job where do i sign up
are you a vet?
do you know if he has broken bones or anything yet
has he had x rays

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 12:17 AM
Paw-Talk Addict

his wings sure look droopy

post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 12:42 AM
Oily Chickenspew

awww...i love him! we see birds like that (opspreys, bald eagles,etc.) all over the place around here...not that close nor on the road though

Tara
Andy-Chinchilla
Jaws & Chomper-Firebellied Toads Senor-Tiger Salamander
Merlin-Crowntail Betta Harry Potter-Mystery Snail
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 02:04 AM
Princess in Waiting

Aren't hawks just the most amazing things? I remember the first one I saw - I stood there for a few seconds then said "Can I touch?"

He looks a bit shock-y doesn't he?

I've rehabbed hawks - don't remember now how many - along with some owls. They're both fascinating creatures.

BTW, sometimes it makes for a bit easier handling if you put wads of gauze in their feet and wrap vetwrap around it. You can be sure that you won't accidentally get one of those claws in you that way! (Just for when you're working with them or x-raying - duh)

Love the pix - you keep that camera in your hip pocket don't you??

Critter

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 01-27-2007, 12:30 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Wow, thats cool. Hope he is ok.

Tags
avian vet