They've hatched!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in the Wild Want to share something about a wild or endangered animal? Look here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2005, 03:05 PM Thread Starter
I Think I Need a Bigger Bear

They've hatched!!

:blob2: The baby vultures have hatched!!

The last check was on Sunday (24th) and they hadn't hatched but as of today (30th) they've hatched!!! We have 2 little babies. They are just blobs of creamy colored downy with black heads. I'm not sure if their eyes are open. I didn't want to enter the shed just yet. I'll give Gertie some time before I start coming in the shed. Both babies were piled together just laying there, they didn't look like they were really able to move around much. They could move their heads around but that's about it.

Gertie was very good and just watched me. I talked calmly to her and took a few pictures. She was probably about 10 feet away from me and the babies were about 6 feet away. It's very dark in the shed and hard to get a good picture even with the flash and the zoom. It's just not a good setting for pictures but I did get a couple that turned out.

I'm so very, very happy that we have 2 babies this year!!

I know some of ya'll don't think they're *beautiful* but I just think they're awesome. Even Gertie... she's not *pretty* like Toby but I still find her beautiful. And to experience these guys up close and personal is a trip!
Look at this baby face!!!

In this one you can see how small the babies really are in comparison to the egg. The egg is about twice as big as what you would get in a grocery store.

Here's Gertie watching me...

~ Jodi ~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2005, 03:14 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Awwww!! They're precious! I can't wait to see them grow up!

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2005, 03:18 PM
Angel to Abandoned Puppies

aww they are adorable. Don't know how cute they'll be all grown up though. LOL

MCBA Member

I've Been Frosted
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2005, 03:31 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

They are sooo cute! I've always thought wild birds of any kind were beautiful.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2005, 03:41 PM
Obsessed With Turtles

OMG! JODI!! They're here!! They are beyond precious! All of gods creatures are beautiful in their own way.

The baby face pic is awsome!!
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2005, 03:41 PM

Awww, they are gorgeous. I look forward to weekly updates on them.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2005, 03:54 PM
Paw-Talk Golden Member

Wow what cute little birdies (for now)
You are so lucky

My handsome Prince

Swirly, Squashy, Squishy, Spot, Star, Slash and Rocky

Indy and Myfanwy

Tilly, Emil, Sonny and Smudge
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2005, 05:28 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

aaaaawwwww they are adorable, i don't think any living creature is ugly as they are all beautiful in their own way

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2005, 06:01 PM
Wacky Chimpnose

oh wow jodi! how awesome! they are very cute. and the mother is beautiful.

post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-30-2005, 06:07 PM
PT's Troll Hunter

Wow! What a neat thing to be able to watch! Keep us updated as to how Gertie and her babies do!

post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-01-2005, 06:52 PM
Poo dont scare me!!!

Awesome Jodi! I think they are cute too...even the mama is a little cute!

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-02-2005, 01:04 AM
Suffers From Southern Belle Syndrome

They're precious little balls of downy fluff!

And even Gertie is beautiful in her own special way!

I can't wait to see more pictures of them!

― Rowan

I've been frosted!

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2005, 06:48 PM
Adolescent Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millimi
They are sooo cute! I've always thought wild birds of any kind were beautiful.
i agree. i have a sparrow nest in the pine tree in my front yard......hehe. no eggs yet but its still cool to experience nature like that.

Oh wait...
I'm an adolecent pup now!!

My babies:

Princess, Ginger, and Rocky

Physsie, Goldie, Zen, and Rusty

Thunder, Zeus,Zippy, and, Dutchess
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-03-2005, 10:03 PM
Fertile Myrtle

That is so very cool, Jodi!

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

|