Wild Turkeys - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in the Wild Want to share something about a wild or endangered animal? Look here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-02-2009, 08:42 PM Thread Starter
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Wild Turkeys

We have wild turkeys at work. There is a gorgeous male and two females. Well one day this week there were four females and the male. They usually come every year. They are mating but I am not sure if they will be nesting in the area. I certainly hope so.
The male is aggressive with cars. He's mating and protecting his females! The problem we have right now is the women in another office in the building. One of the women that complained he went after her car when she was throwing away trash but she was using a dumpster that she should not have been using! It's over in an area where the building is empty so no one is. I believe that is why the turkeys hang out over there. AND she was sneaking over there using the dumpster after dark! It's not like there is not a dumpster for them to use either - she said it's just easier for her to use the other dumpster.
So they are complaining about the turkey. Saying that if the turkey attacks someone there could be a law suit! Asking if we should call the cops on the turkeys! How stupid can people be? I mean really - it's a wild turkey - we work in a wooded area - we have lots of wildlife around us! We get deer in the summer that bring their babies around. We have lots of different small birds. We get hawks. We get snakes.
Maybe this should be in the rant section cause I am so annoyed! I will try to post some pictures later.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 05:22 PM
I am allergic to maths

That has got to be quite cool having wild turkeys where you work! I think thats unfair, that woman was where she wasnt supposed when she wasnt supposed to be. She has no right to move wild animals when they are harming no-one, I hope she doesnt get her law-suit. Good luck and pics are a must!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-12-2009, 06:18 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

We have a huge group of turkeys in my area (about twenty) and they're really neat to watch . Unfortunately, the people who live behind us are grumpy and always chase them out of their yard for some reason . I'm not sure why--they don't do anything.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-13-2009, 12:31 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Did you know that ben franklin wanted to have our national bird be the wild turkey because they are so smart? Others decided that they wanted a prettier predator though and that is why we have the bald eagle

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Interesting - I think the turkey would be a good national bird.
I am happy to say they are still hanging around work. I may have teased the male today. As I was leaving I saw him in a parking lot. I slowed down to look at him. It was nice out so my window was down. And I couldn;t help myself - I gobbled at him. I didn't even think he could hear me - apparently turkeys have good hearing. He got annoyed and gobbled back at me. I was bad I gobbled at him again. Then he started coming towards my car. I drove away before he got close and he started chasing my car! I shouldn't have but I admit I laughed. It's funny seeing a turkey chasing cars. I am glad he sticks in our lots and doesn't go on the main road. I really don't want to encourage his car chasing because I don't want him getting hurt. But I still can picture him in my side mirror chasing my car - I can't help but giggle. I do plan on having a talk with him tomorrow.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 02:32 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

hehe, the bird was like shes a loon!

[/CENTER]

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 02:38 PM
Playful Pup

That's cool. I see you're from Pennsylvania, my home state . I am going turkey hunting for the second time in a week or two. Once again, I eat all animals I hunt. Hoping to get a beautiful tom for my sister .

Proud owner of 4 pets

=Buddy - American Shorthair=
=Chloe - Brown Mackerel=
=Gotto - Burmese Longhair=

=Callie - Belgian Malinois=

=Star - Hooded Black=

RIP Rocky
RIP Biscuit
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 02:39 PM
Playful Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendalle View Post
Did you know that ben franklin wanted to have our national bird be the wild turkey because they are so smart? Others decided that they wanted a prettier predator though and that is why we have the bald eagle
He actually wanted them as the state bird because if you look at Tom's, they have red, white, and blue coloring on their heads during mating season.

Proud owner of 4 pets

=Chloe - Brown Mackerel=

=Star - Hooded Black=

RIP Rocky
RIP Biscuit
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 02:50 PM
Super Moderator

That's so cool. I really miss seeing all the wildlife since I moved. My parents have a group of wild turkeys that hang out in the neighborhood and we'd see them in the yard early in the morning sometimes. I remember when I was in high school my bus stop was next to a wooded area where the turkeys liked to hang out, and more than once I was chased by them.

Definatly post some pictures when you can!

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-24-2009, 07:00 PM
Playful Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonrain View Post
I remember when I was in high school my bus stop w where the turkeys liked to hang out, and more than once I was chased by them.

Proud owner of 4 pets

=Chloe - Brown Mackerel=

=Star - Hooded Black=

RIP Rocky
RIP Biscuit

Tags
turkey