Wow just wow! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Animals in the Wild Want to share something about a wild or endangered animal? Look here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
Has Delusions of Safety

Wow just wow!

Ok I was so shocked today. I was waiting for Dwights bus this afternoon, when the bus turns to come down our street. They turn two blocks up, well when the start up the street this "dog" comes running across a block up so only 1 block from me. I almost screamed afraid the bus would hit it. It made it across, I imediatly started trying to call the dog to me. It tried to run though a yard hit a fence and came back and crossed the street again and when I got a good side shot I realised this "dog" was not house dog it was a COYOTE!!!!!! I flipped out I was squealing and everything it was so so BEAUTIFUL! I would say 6-9 months it didnt look full grown at all but as graceful as could be running. I called the DNR to keep a look out because animal control would just shoot him, and I know he needs to be caught and released out of town. I was just so amazed to see him.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-03-2006, 05:27 PM
Playful Pup

WOW!! Hope it had a good ending!!
Am also addicted to ferrets
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-05-2006, 07:24 PM
RAT ADDICT

That must of been exciting! I remember how excited I was the first time I saw a fox.We (me and my ex) were up to "Cape Spear" and this little black fox came up to the car looking for food.I was so excited and wish I had my camera.

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 02:40 AM
Playful Pup

Nice, that's cool that you saw him. I go to college down near Terre Haute, IN and I am always seeing coyotes around there. On campus, there were two coyotes running around for quite some time.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 08:50 AM
Aspires to Change Oil

wow that's neat! I've never seen a live coyote (I'll leave it at that... ) but I heard them quite often back at my parents.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 11:58 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

ahhh yes we have lots of coyotes around here.. makes it scary for dogs and outdoor kitties, though. My moms neighbour let out her little dog in her fenced backyard to pee and a coyote came running towards the dog thinking it was dinner and the owner had to run into the yard screaming and scoop up her dog so the coyote took off.
They are neat to see though as long as it's not in your backyard!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-05-2006, 03:34 PM
RAT ADDICT

Yeah, unfortunatly as more city developement happens, wild animals move into the city.There is alot of work going on here in St.Johns to make new Wal-Marts and crap like that, they are tearing down forests and now there are alot of moose,coyote...etc coming into the city and the people here are wondering why!? Jeez, if we left the forests alone, we wouldn't have big problems like this...

* Lisa *

* To the world you are ONE person,but to a rat you are the world *

* It's a rat thing...you wouldn't understand! *
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 10:18 AM
Newborn Pup

That must have been awesome! Unfortunately most of the coyotes around here get hung on fences, but the live ones are beautiful! Once on a vacation in Idaho, pretty high in the mountains, we stopped at a "rest stop" which was really a shoulder on a dirt road, haha. Anyway, we were overlooking a valley and we saw 2 silvertip WOLVES! I couldn't even register it at first, I had no idea there were many left in the wild. Luckily I think it was a male and female, but i'm not sure. Maybe there'll be little wolf pups runnin around soon. Oops.. sorry for hijacking your thread, haha. Glad you got to see one!

Proudly Owned By

Senegal Bichir ~ Eli
Ferret ~ Cooter Brown
Horses ~ Saturn, Gypsy, Ti, Sharky & Pistol
Dogs ~ Shiloh, Piggy, Buster, Morgan & Rags
Cats ~ Tiger, Leo & Angel
Cows ~ Slobbergut & No name

~*No i brestanneth anirach tirad vi amar*~

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 11:34 AM
Adolescent Pup

WOW! I would have loved to be there with my camera!

"Heres to the liars and the cheaters and the cold mistreaters, to the mamas boys who cant make a stand, heres to the superficial players the "i love ya" too-soon-sayers, if you hear me girls raise your hand, lets have a toast, heres to findin' a good man!"- Danielle Peck
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-21-2006, 04:50 PM
I Stash Little Debbies

You should really be careful around coyotes!! The ones in my neck of the woods are very dangerous and have even been known to attack small children. They are also very likely to be rabid because they eat decaying carcasses that are some other animals leftovers. They are curious looking animals, but be sure to keep your distance. With all the rural area being developed, they are getting really use to people and are becoming less scared of us.

Be cautious!

Okay, so I've got a mischevious husband and a few buns...

Grand Marshall NutterButter of TFAN

Code Name: Snow White

PT's Official Poker

Tags
animal control, wild animal, wild animals