Adoptaple Pet Network, Online - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rescues and Shelters Rescue and Shelter Listings

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-30-2003, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
Wants to Hug Hose Bunnies

Smile Adoptaple Pet Network, Online

Link

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 05:09 PM
Adolescent Pup

Have you heard of Petfinder.com? Isn't that sort of the same thing? I'm not against that.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 05:13 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

Look how many pitties there are and Staffys!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 06:08 PM
Adolescent Pup

MMMMM....Pet finder can be kind of harsh amongst its members and they only require a vet siggy... One of the rescues listed on their board in my area is a puppy mill another that was listed there was recently shut down in MO. for baaaaad conditions and so forth- not that it is not a great site, just that bad folks get through the holes in good systems therefore it never hurts to be aware of backups!!!!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 10:04 PM
Adolescent Pup

Its true-they are very harsh.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2005, 09:36 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy
MMMMM....Pet finder can be kind of harsh amongst its members and they only require a vet siggy... One of the rescues listed on their board in my area is a puppy mill another that was listed there was recently shut down in MO. for baaaaad conditions and so forth- not that it is not a great site, just that bad folks get through the holes in good systems therefore it never hurts to be aware of backups!!!!
I've had nothing but great help from pet finder I don't maybe it's based on individual situations, but all responses I've ever received from their shelter listings have been nothing but very helpful for me and helpful towards giving in advice in trying to place some of the animals rescued/fostered over here.

Thanks for the link Nicole

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2005, 10:01 AM
Adolescent Pup

Ask Corrina how they treated her
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-19-2005, 11:44 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Well sadly this isn't the place to dispute who likes petfinder.com and who doesn't, I was just merely stating that I've had no problems with them, and sadly just because a few people may have had bad past experiences with them, doesn't make them bad in general

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 08:14 AM

Where else can you promote homeless animals????

I have cats and kittens up for adoption on the petfinder site and I have to say they are ok in my book. I submitted our 501 (c) 3 paperwork and vet letter. I have done adoptions because they saw our cats on the Petfinder site.

There will always be opportunists taking advantage of a good thing. I think Petfinder's point is...it's all about the animals. Even "rotty's and "pitty's need homes (where they are legal).

Frankly I wish there were more sites like Petfinder's to promote these homeless animals on. I am attempting to find them now and those places are scarce. In fact, if anyone knows of any please let me know.

Thanks!
No More Homeless Cats, Inc.
http://www.nomorehomelesscats.petfinder.com
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-20-2005, 03:00 PM
Adolescent Pup

My only point was that the members can be harsh to people and that the criteria for allowing shelters on board is not stringent therefore bad people got through and to be careful- I also in my first post on this thread stated that they are a great site- they have some helpful folks and informational articles and truly wonderful organizations. I have personally had both good and bad experiences with Pet Finder as I was a member there before here and my website has links to both places. I just wanted ya'll to be careful- there are some not so nice folks lurking there as members and shelters and in the classifieds.- Something I have yet to encounter here- I'm happy to say.

Tags
puppy mill