Any Ideas? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rescues and Shelters Rescue and Shelter Listings

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-28-2006, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Day

Any Ideas?

I am making a 'fun run' out of a patch of grass to one side of our shelter - it is 43ft x 10ft - so long and skinny.
Any ideas of what to put in it to make the dogs lives more interesting would be welcome.
So far i have two big A frame dog houses ( we are in the Caribbean, so the cold isnt an issue, the heat is), a large shaded area at one end, a big pile of beach sand for them to dig in and cool down lying in, some large driftwood logs, a splash pool.
I was thinking of constructing a platform with various raised sections and putting treats up there for them to sniff out and find? Also i did think of putting bird feeders high up on the wall, but do you think the birds would frustrate the dogs??
We are the only shelter in the country so i dont have the opportunity to go and look and see what other shelters have done....so if you have seen anything you thought was really cool please let me know. All ideas are welcomed
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 01-21-2007, 10:09 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

my dog LOVES Jollyball horse toys (any horse store has them i think) (ball with a handle) hes bittin hundreds of holes in it and it doesnt deflate http://www.statelinetack.com/global/...6695&Ne=156695
he also has lots of fun with sprinklers...

[/CENTER]

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.