Black Kitties Need Love Too. Can You Help Save A Life Today?? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rescues and Shelters Rescue and Shelter Listings

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-19-2006, 06:45 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Black Kitties Need Love Too. Can You Help Save A Life Today??

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 11:54 AM
Adolescent Pup

Im sorry i cant take any, but ill ask around my neighborhood i know there are some people with cats around here. Ill send in a donation ASAP!

"Heres to the liars and the cheaters and the cold mistreaters, to the mamas boys who cant make a stand, heres to the superficial players the "i love ya" too-soon-sayers, if you hear me girls raise your hand, lets have a toast, heres to findin' a good man!"- Danielle Peck
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 12:18 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Thanks Appagirl. Your donation is very much appreciated and please do spread the word about our organization and the kitties at the shelter. They are in desperate need to be rescued.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 03:15 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I wish i could take one...black cats are my favorites!!! Unfortunately i already have a cat and 2 rabbits.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 06:11 PM
Paw-Talk Addict

Awww. I made a donation too, in honor of my favorite black kitty, Goblin, who is SUCH a sweetheart. A cat's color doesn't make a difference anymore than a person's does. Of course, there are people who have prejudices there too.

---------------------------
Millie
Mom to 2 crazy kitties and 1 African Clawed frog.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 06:36 PM
Suffers from Title Envy

hmm i really never though of black cats being harder to adopt out. but yeah, i bet it is harder. good luck

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-20-2006, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Thanks for the donations. Unfortunately it is true, black cats are far more difficult to adopt out than other colors. All rescues we've contacted will only take 1 or 2. I don't understand - I love all colors

For updates, please join the save the kitties forum at http://www.savethekitties.org/forums/forums/

Thanks,
mrbluekittie
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 10:50 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

black cats and dogs are both hard to find homes for they seem to blend in and get overlooked its really really sad.

why breed or buy when shelter animals die

home to:
1 dog a pit bull named Troy and a border collie/golden retrever/boxer mix named Amber

and 7 cats (Butterfly, Furchol, Carmel, Nova, Hope, Shaddy& Christian)

3 rats Flora, Fauna, & Merryweather
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-05-2006, 11:49 PM
Mel
Cardboard Chef

Aw, I love black kitties! If I was going to get another cat, I'd probably get a black one. I think its silly to be prejudiced against black cats - I think they're good luck in England?
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

True - A black cat crossing your path in England is good luck and may lead to future wealth

Also, in parts of Yorkshire, wives of fisherman kept black cats at home to ensure their husbands' safety at sea.

All of these kitties are now safe thanks to the many volunteers and donations that we received.

Thanks everyone!!
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 11:51 AM
Dinky Corsetkisser

where I live its a law that they can't adopt out black cats during the month of October ...its for the kitties protection so that no jerk does anything to them during halloween and stuff...me I love black cats and my grandma owns one he is a true love...I will help support this cause

Carie
Proud mommy to Ashley

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-07-2006, 01:34 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I love all colors but Black cats & dogs are my Favorite. Glad to hear the adoption went well.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-08-2006, 12:26 PM
私は靖巣あなたを愛してI ♥ Yasuki

I black cats, me being a witch is another reason for me loving cats so much, hehehe!!

// k a t ((d)) 猫ちゃん ☆~(ゝ。∂)
私は武井靖巣あなたをして

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-10-2006, 08:07 PM
Can't Stop Touching Her Eyes

Our black cat Boo (lives with my dad now) is the sweetest cat ever! He really is a special kitty and even the other cats realize it. The dominant cat in the house always steps aside for him to eat.
My mom has a black cat too and he is sweet although I don't think he cares for me much. Interestingly he has an extra toe on each front foot. My favorite color is orange but I would never hold the color of a cat against it. I would love to have an orange kitty and a black kitty - I am a Flyers fan.

mommy to
Tyler - kitty
Oscar - water turtle
Bean - kitty
Frankie - dachshund
Belle - dachshund
Oliver - bunny
Ophelia - bunny
Penelope - bunny
Teddy - bunny -ok I have given up on 4 of a kind and am willing to settle for 2 pairs.
8 fishes - RIP Little Guy and Greta
and Tabatha - October 11, 2006 - rest in peace our sweet angel bunny

Tags
black cat