mex street dog needs loving home - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rescues and Shelters Rescue and Shelter Listings

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 10-11-2006, 10:56 PM Thread Starter

mex street dog needs loving home

I'm a Canadian living Mex city & have rescued & am fostering a dog who's tail was cut off by some malicous person. At 1 yr, she has been through so much, but she is beautiful and healthy now. I cannot keep her as I travel a lot and am not settled. Unfortunately because of her mistreat-ment she is protective of us and threatened by strangers, esp dark men. Well, sadly, congested Mex City is full of dark men. She is spayed, vaccinated,etc. She has been on rescue remedy, has had two (unreliable) trainers, and now has seen a 'dog shrink'. The Dr. runs the Animal Behavior at the University. We all believe her prognosis is good, with training, love, and patience. I have had some experience helping with rescue dogs, as well the vets, the boarding owners, the dog walkers... we all agree she's a darling, smart dog -- she is not a lost cause. All the specail animal people here already have 8 dogs and cannot help. She needs a loving home with someone experienced with rescue dogs. Someone with time and room. She is not a regular adoption. She loves the company of other dogs. She is passive and devoted with those she loves. In Mex mixed breed dogs are generally looked on with disdain. With these challenges she has virtually no chance here... there are so many dogs and the shelter system is very under funded ... it is all horrifying. It is very tragic. I have exhausted all avenues. Does anyone have advice or know of organizations that can assist or better yet know someone special that could provide her a home. Please... I can't give up yet. I just have to get the word out to the right people.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
breed dogs, mixed breed