A Shelter In Need in NJ - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rescues and Shelters Rescue and Shelter Listings

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-22-2004, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

A Shelter In Need in NJ

I do not usually post things about Shelters in Need. But, this one pulled at my heartstrings ...

The New Jersey Somerset County Regional Animal Shelter had a water pipe burst in its cat room. They have over 80 cats, on Monday night the pipe burst, sending freezing cold water all over the room. The temperature outside hit 9 degrees, which caused the pipe to burst.

The cats were all in cages and the pipe burst from the ceiling. A volunteer came to the shelter late Monday night, because he forgot something, and found the burst pipe He called for help and quickly went into action.

He moved all the cats to the lobby, and started to warm them up with space heaters, warm blankets and anything else he could find. He was able to save most of the cats from dying because of the cold.

Now the Shelter Needs Help. The Bursted Pipe has closed the shelter, so no adoptions can be made. Christine Orlando, the director of the shelter, said that Christmas week is a big week for adoptions, and now she is worried that the animals are missing out on having a home for the holidays.

The Somerset County Regional Animal Shelter, is a Non-Profit organization. They currently house about 11 dogs and about 80 cats. If anyone is interested in learning more information about the shelter, or ways you can help. Or, you are looking to adopted a dog or cat this holiday season, please give this shelter a call (908) 725-0308.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 12-24-2004, 03:08 AM

That is so sad.... A dear friend of mine used to live in Somerset county until she moved to Canada to marry her fiance.... I sure hope all turns out okay for both the animals and the shelter.....Sadly we are over here and can't help too much in that situation, but we will try giving them a call to see what supplies they may need because of this!

Tags
animal shelter