www.swokanimalrescue.org - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Rescues and Shelters Rescue and Shelter Listings

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 01-01-2008, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up www.swokanimalrescue.org

Experts in Small/Exotic Animal and Wildlife Rehab
SW OK Animal Rescue....Based out of TillmanCounty, Ok.WEBSITE: www.swokanimalrescue.org First and foremost thank you to all the Responsible Animal Lovers out there be it owners, fosterers, or rehabbers. Please leave us feedback if we have touched you in anyway be it help with getting you the perfect Animal or to us rehabbing an Animal you know of. Thanks for all your Feedback! We are currently looking for property around the Frederick, Tillman County, OK. Area to open a Bigger, Better Facility. Currently accepting animals. We are an Exotic/Wildlife Rescue & Rehabilitation Organization permitted by both State and Federal government. We work with sick, injured, orphaned, unwanted, nuisance, displaced, confiscated and abused Exotic/WILD animals and focus on returning them to their natural homes be it in the wild or home placement. We are organization existing to better the lives of Small/Exotic Animals and Wildlife. SOAR directly supports Tillman, Kiowa, Jackson, Comanche Counties of Oklahoma, and various parts of North Texas to include Wilbarger and Wichita County, but indirectly supports all of South Oklahoma and North Texas. Items we could use and Need Urgently: At the moment any small/exotic animals and Wildlife we can use to help educate the area youth in Animal Rehabilitation. So those small furries, arachnids, birds, and reptiles.We are in the process of building a new facility so of course any building supplies are greatly needed. Wood (1x2’s, 2x2, 2x4s, 2x6s, 4x4s, plywood, nails, PVC, caulk, epoxy, etc) all will help.Cages, Cages, and Cages please any shape will help.New fencing is needed badly (chain link, poles, wire cloth, chicken wire) Even a role of bailing wire or barb wire will help.Tools badly (recently I fried my person jigsaw, nailer, and compressor…thanks god not at all the same time)…So I got a few cages build.We have found that old cotton trailers are excellent for raccoons and possums. Even used them for exotic birds before.We are currently looking for 2 more trucks one large one small to convert to better help us.Now below is a list of supplies that are always needed….We listed as much stuff as possible because you would be surprised what little this can help. LIST: BLEACH, cleaning supplies, large outdoor trash cans 3 or 4, trashBags, PAPER TOWELS! Laundry Detergent!FOOD!!! (Pedigree Puppy, diamond lamb and rice, or any others will doFor not sick dogs) (Bird Seed, Rabbit, Mice/Rat, Ferret, Reptile food)Heater/heat padsPower washer for disinfecting cratesHeated/Unheated dog water bowl(s) I need large- med -large dog houses wood and plasticBecause of diseases and bugs that wood carries (I have to be able toDisinfect everything after sick animals come, I even have toDisinfect my floors, dog toys, crates, walls, bowls, etc.Any crates (big, or small)Towels & blankets to use as beds.Dog treats, Rawhides, Kong filling, and Kongs, bill jac liver treatsFor training!Toys including small stuffed animalsCollars and leashesPuppy padsAny medication, vitamins, supplements (nutrical), etc or humanBaby benadril!Flea & Tick topicalFlea and tick shampooDog shampooBaby folding play pen for off sites/ adoption fairsSpill proof water bowls for sick pups/coon/possums that need water at all timesBut would get REALLY sick if the water spilled on them and made theCold and wet.5 gallon Petmate Le Bistro WaterersLarge airtight dog food storage container with wheels I/D prescription soft food for REALLY sick dogs/coons/possums. Extension for shower for bathing dogsPlastic crates/ pet taxies for transportingOutdoor dog pens/ cagesHeat lamps and bulbsRabbit cages, rat cages, bird cages even efficient fencing for cages would helpBottle feeders, aquariums (glass or sealant to make aquariums) Thank You for your time,SW OK Animal Rescue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Gary

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
animal lover, animal lovers, animal rescue, bird cage, chicken wire, dog food, exotic animals, rabbit cage, rat cage, stuffed animal, stuffed animals, water bowl, wild animal, wild animals