4 Female Degus near Toronto for Adoption (pics) - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 04:11 PM Thread Starter

Red face 4 Female Degus near Toronto for Adoption (pics)

Hi all. I'm sorry to announce that I have to adopt out my 4 girls . I'm hoping to find someone already in the Toronto area or willing to commute to Brampton that will give my girls a great home. Squirt and her 3 daughters are healthy friendly girls that are a little over 2 years old (daughters birthday is August 20th 2005, and the mothers birthday is unknown but approx. 7 months older). The history of their suprise birth can be found in posts by me somewhere here on PT.

We're only asking $50 and I will only let them go to someone who promises that they will keep the girls on their current base diet (vet recommended after the death of their father ) and a promise to keep in touch for at least the first few weeks. Their current base diet is Oxbow Cavy Cuisine and Oxbow Western Timothy Hay which can be purchased and picked up or mailed from Flower Town Chinchillas in Brampton. I will provide the new owner with a list of suitable treats and veggies if they don't already know how to care for degus, and also a list of how to tell the 4 girls apart.

The girls will come with their complete cage and accessories pictured below. (Water Bottle, 4 Food Dishes, 2 Wheels, a few Houses/hideouts, Litter pan) and of course the remainder of their bag of food. Enjoy the pics and please get back to me at [email protected] as soon as possible if you are interested. I love my baby girls very much and it's very very hard for me to have give them up so please someone who i can trust will give them the great life they deserve contact me.

Squirt

Fudge

Bubble

Squeak
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 04:19 PM
Part of the Pack

awww that's so sad! I really wish I lived closer, I am looking for degus and would love to adopt yours, but being located lower New York, I really truley don't think it's possible. SORRY. I hope you find really good homes for them!! They look sooo adorable! I wish I could help!
P.S. Why do you have to give them up--it's ok if it's personal, I was just wondering. I really do hope you find a good home, best of luck.

My Second Family:

Snickers---2 year old Sheltie pup
Shadow---1 yr German Shepherd pup
Carmen--- cream longhaired boy kitty
Chloe---black shorthaired girl kitty
Tyge---my baby 1 yr dark tiger kitty
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ebony---(girl) 2 yr old silver fox bunny
Baby ---(Boy) gray Bunny 1 yr old!!
Tweety---6 month loud mouth parakeet
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

tubby---Winter white dwarf hamster
? ? ?--- 4 goldfish

Two Baby degu's

RIP-- Prettyboy 3 yeat old parakeet

post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 04:22 PM
Hello Earthling

awww. their so cute. Sorry that you have to give them up. I would totally convince my parents for degus if you lived close... but I live in Ottawa

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 04:33 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Oh, I'm sorry you have to give them up .

I really, really wish I could take them. I'm in New York so I don't think it's possible, though .

Best of luck .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

aaaawwwww i'm so sorry you are having to part with your babies as i know how much they mean to you I hope you find them a wonderful home, i'll keep my eyes peeled for anyone looking for degus from Toronto

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 10:01 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the support girls . Unfortunatly with the job cuts from Chrysler my hubby will most likely be layed off soon and for a while so we have to move into a smaller apartment and plan for the worst.

I recently moved to Canada from the US and I'm still going through the immigration/citizenship process so I can't work full-time yet (hopefully soon!!) so things will get rough . With the small apartment we won't have room for all of our pets so I have to sacrifice my bond with the babies for their own good.

With the tight budgeting I'm afraid I won't be able to spoil my pets like they're used to (i'm already starting to notice little things they need replaced and toys they're missing out on), and I know someone out there will have the means to give them what they deserve. My girls are tough and they have each other and their mom to watch over them so I hope they'll be ok with the move .

Thank you again for your support..
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-07-2007, 11:51 PM

So sorry you have to adopt out your girls. I can't even imagine how hard that must be for you!!

I live in southern Indiana. I would be 100% willing to take your little angels if there is anyway we could get the distance covered. Maybe with transport help or something?

I don't know if it's possible to get the distance covered. At any rate I really, really hope your girls will get the wonderful home they deserve!! (If there's no way I can get them to me.)
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 12:48 PM
Part of the Pack

same with me. if there was anyway to get them transported. i live in New York. Hope everything works out for you and your goos.

My Second Family:

? ? ?--- 4 goldfish

Two Baby degu's

post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

I'm not sure if transportation would be possible especially over the canada/us border? Thank you for your consideration though, it means a lot to me. I just hope I can find someone close to willing to adopt them before trying to ship them .
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 05:17 PM
Part of the Pack

yeah that probably would be kinda hard going over the boarder. Good Luck

My Second Family:

? ? ?--- 4 goldfish

Two Baby degu's

post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 05:30 PM
Part of the Pack

I just thought of something. How close to you live to the boarder? My aunt lives in Lancing, Michigan, and she would probably be more than willing to drive to pick them up. I don't know if you have to do a qurantine or anything, but you just went up there, so you would know. And my aunt and her husband have buig enough vehicles to put the cage in. I thought of that and thought that might work out, I would really love to adopt your girls.

My Second Family:

? ? ?--- 4 goldfish

Two Baby degu's

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-08-2007, 08:46 PM

I'm so sad for you *hugs*
I hope you're able to find the home you want for them.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 08:15 PM Thread Starter

petluvr01 - Thank you for your consideration, but i do believe exotic animals crossing the border have to go into quarantine. I don't mean this personally of course, but I don't want my girls to have such a long commute or go through quarantine . I'm really hoping to find someone within an hour or so away. Unfortunately I live 4 hours drive away from any border. Thank you so much for being willing to take my girls though, I just wish you lived near Toronto...
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 08:20 PM

best of luck in your search
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-13-2007, 10:03 PM
Part of the Pack

So do I. I under stand, if they were mine, I wouln't want them to go througha rough journey like that either!! I hope you do find someone near you

My Second Family:

? ? ?--- 4 goldfish

Two Baby degu's

Closed Thread

Tags
exotic animals, food dishes, litter pan, timothy hay