Babies!! Yay!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Talking Babies!! Yay!!

Squirt had her babies this morning!!! We found one wandering around and squeaking in her cage awwwwwwwwwww. We took Nibbles and his wheel out today and separated them (he was hiding in the corner anways I think Squirt set him straight lol). We dont know how many babies there are, 2 for sure tho. She was pretty big so I'm guessing a lot. Maybe later I'll see more out wandering!! Pics soon!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!

~*~ Kandy's Chinnies ~*~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chilla, our female

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Twin boys, Cadbury and Punkin
Casper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Talking

They are the cutest little things!! I just wanna pick 'em up and cuddle 'em!! (I'll wait a few weeks for that though!). When Squirt came out to get some food I peeked in and counted 4 or 5, but there coud be more!! When shes in there, there's heads popping out everywhere under her (they're playing peek-a-boo!!), it's so cute!! And they're so noisy it's like they're having a Degu party over there!!! But poor little Nibbles all alone
I'll keep you guys posted and I'll have pics when they all come out!!

~*~ Kandy's Chinnies ~*~

Chilla, our female

Casper.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 09:48 AM
Adolescent Pup

Awww, congrats!! Can't wait to see the pics!
~Jenn
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 12:52 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Yep they are adorable, but it is for the best to avoid picking them up for a few weeks and to separate daddy..... Congrats and I cant wait to see pics!

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-20-2005, 05:34 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Here's the first baby pics!!!! There should be more tomorrow, my camera batteries are recharging . I'm 98% positive theres 5 babies!! The mommy Squirt is doing well health wise, but sad n missing Nibbles (in the other cage), they keep sniffing each other everytime they get a chance. On a happier note, HERE's THE PICS!!! YAY BABIES!!

~*~ Kandy's Chinnies ~*~

Chilla, our female

Casper.

Last edited by kandy; 10-26-2005 at 06:55 AM.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 10:40 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

aaaawwwww they are adorable, congratulations to you and the proud new parents In a few days if will be safe enough to reunite Nibbles with Squirt (if thats what your planning on doing) so he hasn't got long to go now

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-21-2005, 04:39 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Aww they are adorable!

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 01:02 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Thanks Guys! Squirt says thanks too, and that the babies get their looks from her . They're all doing great and wandering around exploring . And definately growing! I'll have new pics soon

~*~ Kandy's Chinnies ~*~

Chilla, our female

Casper.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 01:32 PM
I Heart My Job

They are very very cute. Congratulations on them. ^^

sparkle->
shadow->

To seize the dragon is to face life.

I've been frosted!
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-24-2005, 04:15 PM
Aspires to Change Oil

Aww they are so adorable and tiny!!! Tiny little ones... aww, congratulations!

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-26-2005, 05:24 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Here's some better pictures of the babies I snapped while they were out and playing

~*~ Kandy's Chinnies ~*~

Chilla, our female

Casper.

Last edited by kandy; 10-26-2005 at 06:55 AM.
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-29-2005, 12:00 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Question Sexing the babies

Everything is going great with the little degu family!! All of the babies are running around and playing now. When are they old enough that my husband and I can pick them up to sex them (they're a little over a week old now)? I want to wait for the safest time to do so that way I don't harm them psychologically. Should I wait for them to become used to me by resting my hand in their cage like I did with the parents?

~*~ Kandy's Chinnies ~*~

Chilla, our female

Casper.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 05:46 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I would let them get used to you first, so letting them sniff your hand and getting used to you is a good idea! They are adorable, I love baby degus!

post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 05:16 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I definately agree with Steph, the babies have to get used to you on their own terms so put your hand in and let them get used to your smell, let them explore your hand and in no time they will venture further as degu's are nosey by character and don't like to think they are missing out on anything! They are all super cute thanks for sharing

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 05:38 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Thanks for the advice . I'll be sure to post when I find out the sex of them all!!

~*~ Kandy's Chinnies ~*~

Chilla, our female

Casper.

Tags
baby degus