Bad news about Rummy - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 11:52 AM Thread Starter

Bad news about Rummy

Bad news

Rummy went to the vets for another check up yesterday and i'm not sure what triggered it but on the way home, he must have had some sort of fit/seizure/or something. We rushed him back to the vet, but he had to be put to sleep. He couldn't stand up, and was really stressed.

I miss him so much! my poor litlle baby! all that trying to make him better and he still didn't make it!

Raisin is looking really depressed today. its the first time in 5 years hes not had his brother around.

RIP Rummy... my lovely little boy!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 01:04 PM

RIP Rummy, have fun on the Rainbow
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 01:49 PM

Oh no So sorry to hear that. Sometimes no matter how hard we try, it's just their time to go. I'm sure he would thank you for giving him a good life
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 02:18 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

aaaawwww I am so sorry for your loss You did everything possible for him and gave him a fantastic life and he had your love and thats all any degu can ask for. I'm sure he will never ever leave you and he will never be far away and that his memory will live on in all of your hearts. Give Raisen and Jerry a hug from me and my boys and once again i'm so very sorry for your loss. RIP Rum

Kirsty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-09-2006, 02:19 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I'm so sorry for your loss .

You did everything you could...he had a great life.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 07:01 AM Thread Starter

thank you all! I know it was the right thing to do, but it doesn't make it any easier!

Raisin is really down at the minute. I'm letting jerry in with him for a hour or so, and they groomed each other last night. I'm hoping he'll appreciate the company, as its the first time every he'll have been on his own! I will try and get them together permanently next week.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 07:36 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Thats a very good sign that they were grooming each other especially if there was no fights in that amount of time. I really hope you can get them together and they become the best of friends as they both need the companionship of each other more than they know.

Kirsty

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 07:47 AM Thread Starter

Yes, i hope so too. I'm away for a bit over the next week, so i'm waiting til monday when i can keep an eye on them, and completely blitz the cage so there are no territorial problems.

I still miss rummy loads though
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 08:51 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Yeah they leave such a hole in our lives when they go don't they? I still miss all of the ones i have lost especially Rupert as he was such a character and he left such a gaping hole, i still miss him now and its been 6 months or so

Kirsty

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

how do they manage to pull our heartstrings so much!!
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 09:36 AM
Aspires to Change Oil

Sammy, I'm sorry for yoru loss. Rummy knows you did wha t you could for him. Your actions were filled with love and I'm sure that was through his whole love.

Rest in Peace, Rummy. You'll be loved in memory by your family.

, [username] .
are you new member? have questions?

Feel free to PM or IM me.
Contacts are my profile.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 11:03 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy H
how do they manage to pull our heartstrings so much!!
Its because they are just the cutest things ever. They are adorable and do the cutest things, they talk to us, they fight for our attention, they cheer us up when we are down and make us laugh like no other and make so much noise and mess that when they aren't there they leave such a huge void in our lives. Rummy had a fantastic life with you and he will always be with you

Kirsty

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 01:20 PM

Sorry to hear about Rummy
I hope you and your babies feel better soon.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 05:33 PM
SwC

So Sorry to hear about Rummy. But know in your heart that you gave him a great life and lots of love. Sounds like you did everything you possibly could have to keep him comfortable.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-13-2006, 04:26 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for all the support guys!!!

I've been letting raisin and jerry in together for supervised visiting periods and so far, no really nasty fighting, just lots of grooming and play wrestling (sizing up), and the occasional embarrasing humping!