The bloody monkeys!!!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-30-2005, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

Angry The bloody monkeys!!!!!

Humph, truff and podge are lucky i haven't strangled their furry little necks!
i let them out for a run in my lounge today, now normally they never ever chew wires ever!! and i never leave them out alone i always watch them.
well i was a little distracted catching up on some work and i thought i better catch them to put them away and as i knelt down to scoop up podge, i caught a massive electric shock off my chewed up computer wire . i thought i was gonna have a heart attack! it burnt a hole in the back of my hand which still hurts!. i can only surmise that they must have done it when my head was turned, how they aren't dead i'll never know.
well i'm certainly not letting them out again till i get some wire protectors, just goes to show you, you can't trust an animal on it's previous behaviour....at least not my ragamuffins!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 03:37 AM

Oh my god!

you are all so lucky!!!

hope your hand gets better soon!

I'm not letting mine out anywhere near wires ever!!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 05:56 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I never let mine out near wires mainly because they are likely to chew through it (as are all rodents they can't help themselves as the wire calls to them) or knowing mine they would be swinging on it like a monkey

I never let mine out near anything of value as i learnt my lesson years ago when i let my rat out and he chewed up one of my favourite rather expensive pair of shoes, something i didn't know about till i wanted them a few days later and it was hearbreaking so now i only let my little critters out in a degu proof room, in my case its the hall. You should see them running upstairs its amazing to watch their speed and agility

You were so lucky not to have been seriously hurt, i hope your hand is feeling better very soon

Kirsty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 06:14 AM

When my husband and I let our degus out we take shifts playing with them and keeping them busy. They ALWAYS run straight to the wires . Our chinchillas do the same but I think they know better now, all I have to say is no and they look up like they werent going to do it .
I'm glad your degus are ok!! And I hope your hand gets better!!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-31-2005, 06:58 PM

Gosh I bet that was a shock Tasha.. Hope your hand is ok and I am glad that the degus came to no harm.. I never let mine out near electric cables either, as I once had a bunny who liked chewing cables and he once chewed through Petes Playstation cable, he came to no harm but Pete wasnt happy!