Cages - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 05:12 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Cages

I just wanted to share with you a couple of photos. As you know i took two degus in on sunday and they had been kept in two small cages well i got them their own cage today and they are having so much fun that it could break my heart as they are just so happy. Its made me want to highlight how something so simple such as a hammock can bring so much joy to a little degu. I was also told they didn't like wheels, well i gave them one and they haven't stopped using it they even share one even though they now have two, its really cute to watch and will get some pics when i can They are also on the right diet now so things are good! Anyway heres the cages:

This is one of the cages they were kept in, note all the toys i put in. All they had was a food bowl and water bottle and they were kept seperately for some reason or other and they had no toys at all, i got them back together once they calmed down and have been loving it ever since. I kept them in the cage temporarily till the cage was sorted but had to make some improvements for them

This is the cage i got them as you can see i have filled it with a few toys but there will be more in it when i get round to it as got a few things on order but they are so happy and got a twinkle in their eyes which is so good to see

Kirsty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 05:25 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

They must be so happy! That's a nice cage .

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 05:34 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Red face

Aww Kirsty what a great mummy you are to your pets.. I am so glad the degus got you..

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 05:43 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Thanks both of you I think they are too, they have become so friendly too they clamber to get out pushing each other out of the way, its amazing how quick they have come to trust me just goes to show a little love goes a long way I don't doubt their previous owner did his best but degus are so misunderstood

Kirsty

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 06:13 PM
Misses Her Smilie Titles

That's a great cage!!! The first one was a bit pathetic looking, IMHO. You're wonderful for taking in those degus and giving them such a great home!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2005, 07:46 PM
Adolescent Pup

mine love their hammock too, i have recently put a wheel in with my two males, it's hilarious coz they get jealous of each other, when one trys to run in the wheel the other holds onto it so it wont go around!! so now i have to get one of the degu's out while the other is on the wheel and vice versa till i get another wheel!!!

Jo x x x

[Mr & Mrs Degu and 3 babies!]
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millimi
That's a great cage!!! The first one was a bit pathetic looking, IMHO. You're wonderful for taking in those degus and giving them such a great home!
Thankyou The old cage was falling to bits all the attached it to the bottom was string and they had chewed through the base, the other cage which is exactly the same is in better condition but not near big enough for two adult degus, making up for lost time now they i brought them a lovely wooden house and they have chewed right through it

Quote:
Originally Posted by degu_mad
mine love their hammock too, i have recently put a wheel in with my two males, it's hilarious coz they get jealous of each other, when one trys to run in the wheel the other holds onto it so it wont go around!! so now i have to get one of the degu's out while the other is on the wheel and vice versa till i get another wheel!!!
They have two wheels but they share the one, they squash into it and its a squeeze but they look so cute going round together as they are so in sync with each other whereas my other two boys squabble over their wheels

Kirsty

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-18-2005, 08:34 PM
Adolescent Pup

when both my boys squeeze in they try and run in oppisite directions!!!

Jo x x x

[Mr & Mrs Degu and 3 babies!]
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-21-2005, 08:09 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by degu mad
when both my boys squeeze in they try and run in oppisite directions!!!

Thats typical though and then they wonder when they start squabbling

Kirsty

Tags
food bowl