Can you put a harness on your goo ??? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Can you put a harness on your goo ???

i woundering if you can put a harness on your goo iv heard that some people do.............

Happy chirmas as well

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

KITTEN ==== Elise (10 months)
KITTEN ==== Millie (11 months)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
====Fatty (3 year oldish)

====Skinny (RIP 2 year oldish)

==== Fanny (RIP 9 Months)
DOG ====Deno (RIP 11years old)
PUPPY ===Alfie (RIP 9 months)

====Bertey (RIP 3 year old)
GERBIL====Nicola (RIP 2 years old)
FISH====80+(RIP)
RIP to Lots more Miss you all
Pink is for Female......Blue is for male

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-11-2008, 01:21 PM
Part of the Pack

I suppose you could try. I've never heard of that, and can't imagine doing it, but it wouldn't hurt to try. As long as you can find a harness small enough (and a Degu cooperative enough). Might look pretty darn cute!

Comfort if you've lost a pet, or are facing a loss
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-13-2008, 01:37 PM
Playful Pup

When I was a kid I had gerbils. I would give them their own stocking at xmas time and I even had a harness that I bought for gerbils along with a leash. I would put the harness on and leash to let them run around the room w/o getting lost. It was very cute and funny...So I don't see why you could not do it to a goo.

Munch, Squeek, Cuddles, & Jumper - Degus
Zander & Casey - Dogs
Footsie & TJ - Cats
Nemo & Rainbow - Goldfish
Goo & Boo - Toads
Toto - Hermit Crabs

RIP Hermit & Herman (Hermit Crabs)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-14-2008, 10:28 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I can't say I'd recommend it, I don't think you could actually keep it on .

But maybe your degus are calmer than mine, haha.

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-15-2008, 12:21 AM
Adolescent Pup

LOL!!! thats the funniest thing ive ever thought of!! I couldnt even IMAGINE one of my goos running around in a harness, it would look so funny!

You can try but, it probably wouldnt work
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-15-2008, 10:25 AM
Playful Pup

Its a good idea i would love to see that but mine wouldnt let me put 1 on there would be a fight lol

[x] Bish&Bosh-Male Goos

[x] Taz-Dog

[x] Romeo-Fish

[x] Doc-Budgie

[x] Monolo-Burmese Kitten
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2009, 07:16 AM
Playful Pup

If you go to Pets At Home, they actually sell harnesses that would be small enough for a fully-grown goo. I bought one.. haven't tried it yet... might wait til my boys are a little tamer

If anyone gets one though- don't take them outside!!! They might get trod on or something o_O

*~Katie~*

2 Degu boys: Bobby & Niblet :3 :3
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-07-2009, 08:26 AM
Newborn Pup

i've tried to put a harness on the calmer of my 2 goos but she refused to have it put on her. she even squeaked loudly at me when i tried to put it on! i wouldn't recommend trying to put a harness on you goo as they don't like being confined like that.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 06-30-2015, 06:59 PM
Newborn Pup

Don't bother

I had the same idea. Mostly because Masala likes to come on trips with me and people get startled when he's just casually sitting on my shoulder unrestrained.

As the title says...Don't bother. Masala is a very chill goo and I have never seen him that angry. He cooperated for two fittings (both too large) but when we found one that actually fit he fought tooth and nail as though he was being murdered. Growled at us and bit. We got it on (it was almost on when he started to freak out) but I was forced to buy the darn thing and work on him an hour before I could get it off. Both myself and the petstore clerk got bit badly, and I felt like a horrible goo mommy. All I have for my troubles is open wounds and a useless harness. Masala is absolutely fine and calmed down as soon as I finally got the thing off him. Maybe if you work on them from birth, placing things against their neck, you could get them used to a harness but it's just too frightening for them.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-02-2015, 10:53 AM
Adolescent Pup

....just wanted to pop in here and say "hi" Nagichan! Haven't seen you in forever!!!
I agree, if you started from a very young age would be easier, than trying something new on an older pet.

Where all pets are special!!
(New members welcome and always appreciated!)

Pop in and give us a look, and if you like what you see, we'd love to have you join our wonderful community
!!

Tags
harness