Care Fresh...for bedding - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 12:00 AM Thread Starter

Care Fresh...for bedding

Is Care Fresh okay for bedding for Degu's? Thanks.. M
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 02:16 PM

Yes, it's great! My degus love carefresh and I like it for them because it's softer and more comfy It also smells less and it's less dusty. I use carefresh for all my pets
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 07:30 PM Thread Starter

Thank You.. I use it for my Sulcatas indoor inclosures and the hamster. However the lady at the pet store (same one who gave previous bad advice) said not to use Care fresh for the Degus as they will eat it. Glad to know it's okay to use as I like it better then shavings.

Thanks...M
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 07:43 PM

They might eat it at first just to try it, but they won't eat it for food if they have some! I'm sure food tastes much better... Carefresh is actually one of the best for Degus, I'm sure many people will agree.

Wow that lady at the pet shop should really do some research . It's a shame that they have someone that unexperienced selling LIVING things. It makes me sad that she's told you so many things that are wrong, I hope she didn't sell degus to anyone else .
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 07:50 PM Thread Starter

Well I know they sold at least one other Degu and it wasn't to me. I think I'm going to copy paste all the info I've found so far into Word so i can print it out and mail it to the petstore. Maybe just maybe I can save any future Degu's they get in to sell from poor living conditions due to the stupid advice of the pet store.

M
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-29-2005, 07:55 PM

Yea, that would be a great idea. I always share helpful info with the petshop that we go to. We've become good friends with the girl that runs the small pets area and she's also the manager. Not many people know about degus, most of them just consider degus to be from the gerbil family .
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-20-2006, 09:37 AM

I use Carefresh Ultra for our girls and they do chew on it occasionally but they won't eat it. I find that this bedding is alot heavier than the regular Carefresh and aspen, as they are not able to kick the chips out of the cage. It also soaks up their urine quite well so it's a lot easier to clean their cage.

Tags
pet shop, pet store