carpet on cage/change to something else - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-01-2004, 01:55 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

carpet on cage/change to something else

OK, so I have three levels on my cage, and the first two are carpet, more like rugs, so when everyweek I can just was it and dry it, but I was wondering if it was ok to use plastic, I use this stuff on the floor so when they kick out stuff, it's easier to cleanup, pluss they pee on it. But the plastic I am talking about is that heavy duty stuff that you cover like your walk in so you don't soil the carpet, or some people put it under the computer chair if it's on carpet. I was just wondering if that would be better, I like the carpet, but it sux, when I have to take stuff to it to get their nesting material out of it. Any suggestions on what else to use besides carpet, and if that Plastic isn't suitable.?.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-01-2004, 10:52 PM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

My cages have wire bottoms and the shelves are made of wood.I use kiln dried pine for the bedding.I would think that they would eventually chew the plastic as mine will chew anything I put in their cage.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-02-2004, 06:34 AM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

mine aren't much chewers the only things they chew on are wood, not even thier toys they don't care about. But someone gave me an idea of using self stick tu=ile so I am going to try that.

Tags
dried pine, kiln dried, kiln dried pine, nesting material