Degu Christmassy thread - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-30-2004, 08:51 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Smile Degu Christmassy thread

What is everyone putting in there degu's Christmas stocking this year ?

Kirsty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-30-2004, 05:32 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Red face

At this moment in time nothing, they are being very naughty, I think they are acting very spoilt. Yesterday I was out all day, and got back about 5pm, I decided to quickly tidy their cage, while they were in it, which meant they did not have their daily sandbath. In the evening I put in some more food, and about 5 mins later, they had pushed/ kicked out the food, onto the floor below.. So I tidied up the floor, and left them with no food for a while.. They made so much noise, I had to keep them quiet with a bitesize shredded wheat each..

I will probably end up getting them a pressie, as its their 1st Christmas.. Maybe a box of shredded wheat bitesize or a bag of alfalfa cubes.. Yummy yum!

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 11-30-2004, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Mine will be getting there annual walnut in a shell, lasts them ages so good value for money and wears there teeth down too plus they love them too

Kirsty

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-01-2004, 02:51 AM
Adolescent Pup

that sounds like a good idea, might treat mine to one too! it's their 1st xmas with me so they got to have a nice treat!
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-01-2004, 08:33 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

The trouble with mine is though they are very picky especially Basil. They used to eat everything but as they got older they only eat certain stuff, Basil will eat anything as long as it looks remotely dried (apart from raisons) and unhealthy whereas Rupert will be persuaded to eat broccolli and a few other healthy bits so pressies for them are hard work, so usually dried carrot and a walnut for mine!

Kirsty

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-07-2004, 08:54 AM
Adolescent Pup

You just give them the whole walnut and shell and they have fun with that? It's safe?? Sounds mine would have a riot with that!

Look Into My Voice
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-07-2004, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

Yup the whole walnut in its shell, also given them hazelnuts in the past too, was told about 6 years ago now nuts were safe to give them and given mine one once every christmas (as nuts are very fattening so limited to once a year, well apart from the odd peanut ) and they go mad for them as they do there teeth good and makes them work for the nut inside and they seem to really enjoy it and lasts them ages too

Kirsty

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-08-2004, 06:49 AM
Adolescent Pup

Cool - I found their Christmas gift - and cheap too!

Look Into My Voice
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 02:30 PM
Newborn Pup

My degu will be getting a new cage. Actually, it is my fiance's Christmas gift to me for the degu. I hope he appreciates it!
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 04:52 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Red face

Happy Xmas to all you degus and your owners!

post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 05:08 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

aaaaawwwww love the picture

Kirsty

post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-09-2004, 05:20 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Red face

Come on guys, post some degu Christmassy pics, please....

post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-10-2004, 02:22 AM
Adolescent Pup

i'll have to take some first!
Merry Christmas to all degu's and thier owners

Jo x x x

[Mr & Mrs Degu and 3 babies!]
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-11-2004, 12:55 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

I gave mine each a nut in the shell the other day and its funny finding the empty shell with a little hole in it the next day where they got the meat out. I was thinkin about how hard they must have worked to get it out.

Because I was born in the South, I'm a Southerner. If I had been born in the North, the West or the Central Plains, I would be just a human being.
Clyde Edgerton
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-12-2004, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
Paw-Talk Lifer

What amazes me is how smooth the nut edge is where they have chewed it to get the nut out

Kirsty

Tags
shredded wheat