Degu eating disorder? D: - Page 2 - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 12:41 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Maybe Jasper prefers your company to Cues, degus bond with their handlers especially if he has been kept on his own in the past so he probably sees you as his buddy rather then Cue hence why he is down when your not around but picks up when you scratch his chin. Chin tickling is a sign your in i've found with degus as once they trust you completely they allow you to groom them just like another degu would so you are honoured

Kirsty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 09-19-2007, 07:54 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

That's a good point. O:

I wish I could bring them to my bedroom, but my dad is afraid my little brother will stick his fingers in the cage or something. D:

If it's a case of trust with chin tickling, Jasper bonded with me pretty quickly. I think it was only a few days before I was scratching him through the bars of the cage. He twists all the way around, and it looks like he's smiling, heehee.

Cue has never let me scratch him/her, though. D:
Cue is very vocal when I'm around, and loves when I stick my fingers in the cage so he can nibble my fingernails, but he doesn't like to be picked up or when your hand gets close enough to pick him up. O:

Tags
alfalfa hay, baby degus, cage cleaning, degu food, food bowl, food bowls, guinea pig, guinea pig food, nest box, pet shop, pet shops, pet store, pig food, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, timothy hay