Degu hiding things? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-19-2013, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
Newborn Pup

Degu hiding things?

Hi!
I was just curious about something... my little guy is new to the family as of a months ago, and he's slowly becoming friendly with me. However, the more friendly he gets, the crazier he gets!
His recent thing that he's started doing has been to steal things from me and hide them!
He has found a way to get into my drawers from underneath my bureau, has chosen a drawer as his own, and has started stealing anything he likes around my room and hiding it in there! (his favourite thing is paper, and steals all of my homework and stuff!)
This has been really cute and all....until I realized that he won't let me take anything back. If I try to take it back, he yells at me for trying, and/or fights me for it.
I was just wondering if this happens with anyone else's degus?! If so, any clue why they do this? Is it territorial? A game? Any ideas?!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-12-2013, 03:09 AM
Playful Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyxxmoore View Post
Hi!
I was just curious about something... my little guy is new to the family as of a months ago, and he's slowly becoming friendly with me. However, the more friendly he gets, the crazier he gets!
His recent thing that he's started doing has been to steal things from me and hide them!
He has found a way to get into my drawers from underneath my bureau, has chosen a drawer as his own, and has started stealing anything he likes around my room and hiding it in there! (his favourite thing is paper, and steals all of my homework and stuff!)
This has been really cute and all....until I realized that he won't let me take anything back. If I try to take it back, he yells at me for trying, and/or fights me for it.
I was just wondering if this happens with anyone else's degus?! If so, any clue why they do this? Is it territorial? A game? Any ideas?!
My degus do the same thing with some "interesting" stuff. However, they don`t yell at me and fight for it... I just take it back if I can reach it of course
I think it is in their nature to bury/hide things they like... You can always take your things back while little bully is in the cage

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-31-2013, 04:33 AM
Newborn Pup

Small animals: Which one? There is no doubt small animals make a fantastic first pet, children find them fun and interesting and even adults melt under their cute looks and behaviour. They are relatively easy to look after and endlessly reward their owners with hours of fun and endless affection, which is what makes them so popular. However, how do you choose what type of small animal is right for you?

Tags
degu, hiding