degu treats - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 08:43 AM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

degu treats

hmmm just read a post on guinea pig treats and was wondering if anyone had any ideas for real treaty treats for degus they already love pumpkin seeds but other than that i have no ideas

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

A CUDDLE A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY AND DEGU KISSES ARE EVEN BETTER!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

PODGE
CHARLIE

TRUFFLE
CHI CHI

MR BO JANGLES

DIDDY BOB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-01-2005, 10:54 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Shreaded wheat is a huge favourite as are bran flakes, rice crispies/puffs, cornflakes, wholemeal oven toasted bread, bread sticks, the odd sunflower seed or peanut or walnut in its shell (make them work for it ), they also like dried veggies like carrots and peas

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 08:08 AM
Adolescent Pup

Mine go absolutely bonkers over corn kernals. I just hold the cob in my hand and they rip them off (dried of course).

Look Into My Voice
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-02-2005, 02:20 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Red face

Mine love shredded wheat bitesize, the other ones are too big too carry around! They also like Ryvita, brown bread toasted, the occassional peanut, pumpkin seed and whatever else I can find for them to try!

Steph ~ Owned by 4 bunnies and 5 degus..

"The love for all living creatures is the most noble
attribute of man." Charles Darwin

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-03-2005, 11:04 AM
Playful Pup

Mine love the shredded wheat also! I give that to a lot of my animals. They love to hide them and save for later. I find lil wheat squares under my pillow ALL the time! =D They also like raisins, but I never give more than one a week. Peanuts are a fav too and dried pasta. Can you give Degus corn? Never tried that.

2 Rabbits 2 Degus 2 Leopard Geckos 1 Crested Gecko 2 Green Tree Frogs + Fish
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-04-2005, 01:21 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Yes, degus can have corn and they like corn on the cob but its only really suitable as a treat as its high in sugar compared to other veggies plus its high in carbohydrates so only suitable for the occasional treat a bit like nuts and raisons are

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

Tags
guinea pig, pumpkin seeds, shredded wheat