are degus soooo boring?????? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-15-2002, 09:01 PM
bootsndad

are degus soooo boring??????

Whats up with this??? Are degus so boring that no one posts about them, or is there just no knowledge out there?

Want to learn more about them:

http://home1.gte.net/res0yghk/degu.html

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 12:35 AM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

No they are not boring at all they are the most vocalizing pet I have heard.I love to hear all the sounds mine make.AS well as watching them.Both of mine wait patiently for their turn for feeding.I am still working on mine.They were not the friendliest degus when I got them,but are coming around more each day.Pebbles bit me the other day and is still not very sociable yet.I built my pair a big cage so they have plenty of room to run and play.They have shelves to climb on as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 08:20 AM
Fertile Myrtle

They're not boring... we just can't get the owners here to post about them! lol Odd, not wanting to brag about your babies, huh? LOL Just kidding, I don't think too many people here have degus.

Wife to an amazing man,
mom to three wonderful kids (9, 5.10, 4),
2 dogs, 3 hermit crabs and 2 bettas

|

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 09:41 AM

Degus are great. We have 5, 2 males and 3 females. Will have to brag more often.

I love the weeping sounds that they make.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 09:49 AM
Resident Chatroom Blonde

Quote:
I love the weeping sounds that they make.
I love all the sounds they make.I really love the way they hang on the door of the cage when I walk in their room.Pebbles and BamBam get a little vocal if I ignore them they will let me know it is their turn.LOL
I also prefer a big cage over a 20 gallon tank

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 03:08 PM
Chinta0

I have 7 degus and knew not alot about them. They are cute little critters. Fun to and yes they make awesome sounds. I have 3 females and 4 males. Not together, I don't want babies. I will leave that to anyone who wants to breed them.

post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 04:44 PM

I have 2 degu's AJ and Sherry are very vocal they like to squeak and peep with my lovebirds and guinea pigs... love them
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-16-2002, 06:27 PM
bootsndad

I knew there had to be some Degu life out there LOL

We have lots of Degus (mom, dad and 12 babies right now)...My daughter doesn't want to let any of them go

Mine tend to chirp a lot. When I feed them they will all start running around the cage and chirping. They are so fun.

And why would anyone want a hamster or gerbil when they could have a degu,,,a pet that not only lives a lot longer, but also looks forward to play time and interaction with people.

YEAH DEGUS!

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-17-2002, 03:00 AM
James

Talking

No, they are not boring at all! I currently have 9 of these little buggers, 5 females and 4 males, 3 of which were just born. They do make very intriguing sounds, I am amused just by looking at them play around! Keep you busy for a while

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-17-2003, 10:14 AM

Hi! I'm so happy to have found this site, as well as fellow degu owners!

I acquired two degus from a no-kill rescue last month. One unfortunately died the night I got it (it was very sick), but the other one is so cute, friendly and outgoing! Love the chirping noises!

Since its friend died, I also don't know if I should get a friend or not. Which brings me to another concern: I don't know if it is a female or male!

Does anyone have single degus? Mine seems really happy. She looks forward to me sitting next to the cage, talking to her and giving her treats (without sugar, of course!).
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-28-2003, 10:08 PM

I just came in to see what these little animals are. I've never seen them in any pet shop around here, but I think I did see something about them on TV. A women would take them out every day and set up a carnival or fun house for them with paper tubes and all sorts of stuff they could play with. It was cute, they look like very active and fast animals.
Are they allowed in every state I wonder, because I never saw them in NJ ether and I went to pet shops all the time.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 02-28-2003, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Are they allowed in every state I wonder
I don't know to be honest with you, I have NOT heard anything about them not being allowed in any states...

Sorry for not posting more about my mating pair, they are a very vocal pair yes, but unfortunately when we got them, it was clear that hadn't been handled very much, and after nearly 9 months of having them, they still aren't the friendliest pair. So unfortunately I can't brag too much about them, as I can't play with them that much. Now my female when she is seperated from the male for a short period after she has a litter, she tends to be a little more friendlier, however once we put the male back into the cage she follows his every lead. Oh well I still think they are great, even if these 2 aren't so friendly (by no fault of their own).
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-21-2003, 08:39 AM
Obsessed With Turtles

If I recall corectly they are not allowed in CA right now
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-21-2003, 08:50 AM

Ok.....Lets see some pictures!!! They sound like little charactors!
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-21-2003, 10:37 AM

I couldn't find the old pictures of my mating pair here is the link I had posted awhile back when they had pups http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/showt...threadid=10781
We no longer have ours as we are moving over seas

Tags
guinea pig, pet shop, pet shops