!!!!! DILEMMA in Mid-MO!!!!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006, 04:39 PM Thread Starter

!!!!! DILEMMA in Mid-MO!!!!!!

Hi all I havent posted in a while but In case i will refresh you I had
16 degus and had to get rid of them all but one boy and when the bbs I had turned 6 wks I was supposed to get one but it has fallen thru and alot of the pet stores have stopped selling them and now my boy is going to be all alone i am very upset that I cant find them anywhere that is not 4+ hours away Please help!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 07:37 AM

I wish i could help you!

Maybe you'll get lucky in the near future. if not maybe you could consider another animal as a friend, there are lots of posts here about that!

good luck!
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 09:47 AM

Often gerbils and degus will get along. But only go to that as the last resort. My friend's degu, Deghoo, loved her friend Bob the gerbil to death. He's gone from us now, but she went through severe depression until we gave her some love and also got her a new friend.

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 04:01 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Please don't be upset as its not the end of the world if you can't find him a friend as degu's can happily live alone if they given enough attention each day and love, i have one boy who lives alone through his own choice (he hates other degu's tried introducing him hundreds of times to various degu's over the last 5 years and he won't have non of it ) and it does require dedication and a lot of extra time with them but it is worth it for the love them give back. Remember its not going to be 100% that he will get on with another degu either as they are funny things especially the boys and if you are looking for a friend for him try to get a younger one as there is more chance of success that way, as older males tend to accept juveniles (especially males) easier. I wouldn't ever advise putting a degu with another creature as they have totally different requirements for a start and its not really advisable. The only slight exception i would make would be with chinchillas but then it would only be as a last resort and only if the cage was big enough and it would still need careful planning and introductions etc..... But i still wouldn't advise it as they are much better with their own kind as only a degu can understand another degu. Try advertising online on some of the sites for degu's in your area and try asking at local rescue centres as even if they haven't got any they might be able to point you to somewhere that has

Kirsty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-28-2006, 04:17 PM
Playful Pup

have degus

Well my friend has an abundance of them. I think a total of 7 of them.
Some adults and some several months old babies(maybe six months).
She is very happy to get them adopted out. She has them from a friend that was overwhemled with animals in Ok. She lives just out side of Dallas texas. you can email me private and let me know where you live exactly. We could do a chain adoption.
let me know.
joey
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 01:06 PM
Adolescent Pup

Penny,
I live in northwest Missouri and am having the same problem finding degus. There is a petshop in Kansas City that has them occasionally but when I visited them a month or so ago I didn't think they were very clean. If you find any in the KC area, please let me know!
Jennifer
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2006, 01:41 PM
Playful Pup

degus

Regarding the Degus- If you log on to the website. www.noahanimalrescue.com, they are in Ok. and they have an over abundance of them and my friend in Dallas as well. They definately are willing to get them to you or other arrangements. I believe they are not sold here as well. The rescue get them in all the time though. noboby is being cautious of the fact that you can't put males and females together, even the babies. So this is how they get so many of them.
Good luck.
joey

Tags
males together, pet store, pet stores