Dust Everywhere!!!!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 12:51 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Question Dust Everywhere!!!!!!

With 4 Chinchillas and 5 Degus taking dustbaths, I have Chin dust everywhere! Every single day I have to dust and wash all of the furniture. We live in a small apartment so the only space we have for the cages is in the living room and that's where it's the dustiest. On the thread "SandBaths" I noticed someone said that using child play sand can be used for Degus. I was just wondering if anyone has tried this and if the degus like it. I think switching to the sand would help my dust problem and I wouldn't spend an hour a day dusting and washing all the furniture! Does anyone else have any tips on the dust problems?

~*~ Kandy's Chinnies ~*~

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Chilla, our female

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Twin boys, Cadbury and Punkin
Casper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-07-2005, 08:38 PM
Movin' Up in the Pack

Why don't you let them dust in the bathroom? I find it easier and cleaner with my chins..

Shannon

Mother to a beautiful girl!

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-09-2005, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

Yeah, that might help a little. Thanks.

~*~ Kandy's Chinnies ~*~

Chilla, our female

Casper.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-10-2005, 06:55 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Personally i wouldn't use childs play sand for degus as in my opinion its too rough for them and more likely to cause an injury especially to their eyes. Chinchilla sand is much finer and better for their coats. What do you use for the sand baths? A bowl? The reason i ask is i have sandbath houses what have been designed for chinchillas (although i don't think they are quite big enough for chins but they are perfect for degu's). They are entirely enclosed with a small door for access and they tend to contain most of the mess. I'm not sure if they are available over there but its worth looking out for or maybe making something simular with a large lidded container as they really do help with the mess

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-11-2005, 08:09 PM Thread Starter
Part of the Pack

My degus do use a bowl for their bath. I think I will switch over to a different container. It will probably help out a lot. Thanks for the tip!

~*~ Kandy's Chinnies ~*~

Chilla, our female

Casper.