EEEEEEEk!!!!!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 03:31 PM Thread Starter

EEEEEEEk!!!!!!!

Zoey my degu(preggers) was in her hammock and I thought she was in the house so i lifted the aquarium topper off ad there she flew out of the hammock she seems to be doing well she is playing with he cage mate and eating and drinking good but she sure scared me I dont want anything to happen to the babies so I hgave been being real careful and I wanted to clean the cage good because I know after they come that I wont be able to clean it as usual. Well just thought I would tell you of my scare. Venting so to speak but all is well now luckily the fall was no more than 2 feet and she landed on hers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 08:47 PM

Awww. Well I'm glad she seems to be doing good. The babies will probably be ok Is her cagemate female?
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 10:43 PM Thread Starter

cage mate

Yes her cage mate is female and they are cuddling and she is taking it easy I think its close next few days or so.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 11:20 PM

i don't really know a lot a bout stuff like this BUT when one if my mom's chins are about to have a baby and their is another female in the same cage we take her out just in case the mother of the babys try to actack the other female . they mght be just fine but i would watch them that just me once again i don't really know what i am talking about.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 03:16 PM

Degu females are really helpful to the mom when she gives birth actually. They help take care of the babies and let the mom have a break when she needs it It's good she has another degu to help her out so she's not so stressed Good luck!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 03:47 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

aaawwwww at least it wasn't anything major and she's ok and thats all that matters. Indeed as Kandy said her cagemate will help her look after the babies when they arrive and help to give mum a break

Kirsty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-21-2006, 03:57 PM

Hope we get to see some pictures when the babies arrive Glad to hear she's doing well.

Tags
cage mate