Eye problem - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-23-2002, 07:52 AM
Waffles

Unhappy Eye problem

We have a female degu named Waffles and we noticed that her left eye is half closed and it looks like she has been crying (fur is wet around the eye), but the right eye is normal. Also, she doesn't want to come out of her cage and she normally is always wanting to come out. She is also making this real loud shreik. We try to get her to come out to calm her down but she doesn't seem to want to come out. The only way we have been able to get her to come out is with a treat or her bath, when it usually just takes us opening the cage door . Once she is out she is calm like she normally is...

We even talk to her but nothing seems to be working. It worries us because we don't know if she scratched her eye with her nails or what the problem is. Is there a way to trim her nails, btw? If anyone could answer our questions we would be greatful.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 09-23-2002, 09:55 AM
Akasha

I'm sorry but it really sounds like you should take her to an exotic vet in your area. If the prolem is serious she could go blind in that eye. I wouldn't try to guess what the problem is it could be an eye infection or a scratch but either way i'm sure it's just a set of eye drops you will need. Hope shes feeling better soon

Tags
exotic vet