Getting bigger and bigger? - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-10-2006, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

Getting bigger and bigger?

I previously posted a topic about my friend's degu, Deghoo, who had been recently introduced to her new cagemate, Brom. Brom had been endlessly trying to mount her, and then we put them in a cage together and headed for the hills. (Or just to Home Depot). Lately she's been getting big. And when I mean big, I mean she hasn't just been putting on weight. She feels kind of hard to pick up, not just fat. She's also sleeping and eating more. Pregnant for sure?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 07:08 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

For a start if you think she is pregnant then stop handling her as it could cause her to miscarry. It's still too early to say either way as at under a month she wouldn't be slowing down any or gaining too much weight, it would be at the end of the second month beginning of the third that these things would be more noticiable. Its still 50/50 either way, but to be on the safe side assume she is and keep a close eye on her. I think in the next month or so if she is then you will know for sure

Kirsty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

Yes. But we were pondering the fact that sometimes you can't notice a pregnancy at all if the litter is small. If that's possible, wouldn't it be possible for a large litter to be noticed earlier? As I said, it's not too obvious, just a lot of weight gain and a change of personality. Yes, it could be her new friend, and it may be pregnancy. Either way, we want it to be safe and good for her. We've stopped picking her up, and if we have to, we just let her sit on our hands.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 10:58 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

It could be possible thats why i say just assume she might be and take it from there. If you treat as though she is then no harm can come either way and there is every chance if she is not pregnant now she might be very soon especially as she is living with a male

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-11-2006, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Yep. I'll update everyone on this in a month or so.