Happy Degus Now!!!! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 10:55 AM Thread Starter

Happy Degus Now!!!!

Thanks for all the tips in my last post. My little ones are doing great today. They enjoyed all the romaine and mushrooms last night and emptied two food bowls full. Have gone to work on the bowl full this morning already and had their morning snack of sweet potatoes.

As for socialization, they are both running around in my lap now and they actually let me give them a quick rub now before jumping back into the safety of their cage. We are making quick progress.

I do have a sore finger this morning, as I made the mistake of reaching down to pet my male with sweet potato smell still on my hands. They have nipped at us several times, but just curious nips...nothing hard until this morning. Darwin bit down hard, but in his defense he thought I had another piece of sweet potato for him...that is what he was looking for and hoping for.

They are so sweet, I'm so glad we adopted them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 04:34 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I'm glad to hear they're doing so well! I would be careful with the mushrooms, only because there hasn't been any real research done to find out which ones are safe for degus yet .

Ow, sorry to hear about your finger! That happened to a friend of mine after they had been eating chocolate. Degu bites can really hurt!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 06:58 PM Thread Starter

LOL, yes they can hurt. Thanks for info on mushrooms...the male loves them, but I haven't been giving many...I'll back off until I research it some more.

Thanks!

Tags
degus