help! with degu antibiotics. drug names?! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-16-2006, 04:21 PM Thread Starter

Exclamation help! with degu antibiotics. drug names?!

hi,

i've been searching high and low for the names of the antibiotics used to treat sniffy nose (pneumonia, which i'm trying to prevent) in degus. phone calls to local vets here are useless.

i just got laid off a few weeks ago, i can't afford to pay for the full-blown vet visit for the 2 goos (i have no food and no rent money right now), i just lost an 18-year old horse to chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and pneumonia last week, and i'm desperate to get my goos something in case what i'm seeing, little spots of white in the corner of a nostril, is what i think it is. i rescued these two from neglect and i don't want to lose them. all i ever see is "the antibiotics worked" or "despite the antibiotics my degu didn't make it"... no one EVER says the name of the drug!

please, can someone tell me the generic drug name, or the American brand name (i'm in Canada), or something, so i can contact my vet supply and get these guys treatment? i know toxicity is a problem for a lot of small animals when it comes to antibiotics so i need drug names, and dosages. my family (in another province, where the rest of the animals are) may already have the drug in our vet meds cabinet, since we have or have had cats, ferrets, rabbits, horses, hamsters, etc.

if anyone can tell me this, or point me to a website where this info is, i'd be so grateful. i'm having a terrible summer and i can't lose my goos too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 02:45 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28047

Unfortunately, what you're asking is illegal. As such, I'm going to have to close the thread.

Stephanie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Closed Thread

Tags
vet visit