Help Degus in trouble - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 12:58 AM Thread Starter

Lightbulb

Please anyone tell me My degus got into a fight and they feel off their top platforn in cage welll my Chessie has a boo boo on his private part I dont think that she was bit their , Do you? or maybe a stick was were she fell I did not see exactly where she fell but I am very concerned about her. she is not active as usual. I am scared she is my first degu ever and the reason i love them so much. I took jess out for the night and syl is comforting her but I am scared to go to sleep. Are there any possible signs to look for for something really bad.?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 05:49 PM

If you are really worried about your degu you should go to a vet.

Because the wound is in such a sensitive area I would suggest going to a vet. Also, he/she isn't active which could mean that it's bad. Don't let him/her have a dustbath because the dust could get in the wound and make it worse... take out the sticks too!

Since you have them separated, make sure you keep their cages close together so they can smell each other that way you dont have a problem reuniting them after he/she gets better.

If for some reason you choose not to go to the vet make SURE you keep a close eye on the wound! At LEAST check it twice a day and make sure it doesnt get worse (puss, redness, any other bad things). You can also put neosporin (polysporin) on it which might help (or you could even use a saline solution).

I hope your degu gets better soon, and i would really suggest taking him or her to a vet!

Best wishes.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-01-2006, 08:08 PM

Great advice from Kandy, I suggest the vets too!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 09:20 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Great advice already been given and I agree a vet visit might be worth while as that is a very tender part of any animal and infection can easily set in there. Goodluck with them

Kirsty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-03-2006, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

chessie my degu in trouble

She is healing wonderfully thanks for everything I just panicked because all of the blood it wasnt that bad after she and i cleaned it off and i put neosporin on it the next morning looked like nothing major happened thank goodness and thanks to all of you

Tags
vet visit