Help please ???? Degus unwell - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-15-2012, 03:57 PM Thread Starter

Help please ???? Degus unwell

Hi, I hope that someone can advise me please?

My daughter has 2 degus, Frankie and Freddy and we've had them since December - she noticed tonight that they weren't their usual selves in that:-

1 appears injured - he has blood traces on his ear and nose- and he is quite subdued and not eating with the gusto he normally does

The other is just sitting - normally he doesn't like being stroked but can be touched, isn't eating and is chuntering to himself.

Does this sound as if they have been fighting or like something else? They haven't been anywhere that they could chew anything nor have they had any food they havent had before. The only thing different that happened today was that they could see a mirror whilst they were in their run as their cage was being cleaned out..which was sending them a bit loopy. I have checked also that the cage hasnt been cleaned with anything different.

Obviously, its Saturday night, and we live in a rural location, so their is no prospect of finding any veterinary help - is there anything I can do to help them tonight, or will a little bit of quiet and time to recover be whats needed??

Any suggestions would be really helping.

Thanks!
Zara
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 09-18-2012, 01:00 PM
Adolescent Pup

I just noticed that you haven't had a reply yet.

I don't have much experience with fighting degus but do have a couple that have had the odd bleeding ear from a scuffle or other issue. Their ears healed on their own.

How are they doing now? Are they back to their normal selves? Have the wounds healed? I will keep an eye on this forum the next couple of days and be there to help or at least direct you to help if you still need it.

Tags
degus ill