Home for Degu needed in the UK - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 04:23 AM Thread Starter

Home for Degu needed in the UK

Found a post on another (not as good) degu website from some people:

"We have a 2 year old male Scratchy who needs a new friend, because his brother Itchy died on the 13th. Scratchy is now very lonely and we want him to find a new home and new friends! Can anyone help??? In the West Midlands"

Can anyone oblige?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 09:09 AM

wish i could help
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 10:55 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

I wish i could as thats not too far from me but i can't at the moment as got my hands full with my babies so 7 is the limit for me at the moment. I've also seen the same advert as you and passed it around a few of my "degu" friends see if any of them can help!? Hopefully he will find a good home soon

Kirsty

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

Last edited by Amethystbelle; 12-16-2005 at 11:03 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

I've already asked my boyfriend. He said that since i haven't successfully managed to add jerry to rum and raisin, i shouldn't really get another solo male!!
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 11:08 AM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy H
I've already asked my boyfriend. He said that since i haven't successfully managed to add jerry to rum and raisin, i shouldn't really get another solo male!!
The difference this time would be you would only be introducing one degu to another degu and not having to contend with introducing 3 degus two of which are litter mates and bonded. So would be easier in a sense if you think Jerry would appreciate a friend? It all depends on Jerry at the end of the day if you would think he'd get on with another degu?

Kirsty

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 11:58 AM Thread Starter

yeah, thats what i was thinking, but should jerry actually be the problem and not bond, we then have a pair of degus and two single ones! if they still have him in january, i might try and persuade the boyfriend again (after we've moved house). I'd really love jerry to have a friend again!
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 09:17 PM

I would love to help, but I am after a female!
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-16-2005, 11:33 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

I would totally take him if I was in the UK. Hope he finds a home!

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 06:13 AM

im after the same as you purplebunny ... ill get to 6,067 posts one day lol
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 10:18 AM

hmm i think i maybe pushing it a bit with the bf after the arrival of the chinnies but i would have loved to have helped as i live in the midlands mind you i wouldnt have been able to introduce him to mine as i have a male and a female so he would still be lonely. i think kirsty is right jerry would probably be an ideal contender is there no way you can introduce them before agreeing to take him? see if they bond first?
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 01:20 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy H
yeah, thats what i was thinking, but should jerry actually be the problem and not bond, we then have a pair of degus and two single ones! if they still have him in january, i might try and persuade the boyfriend again (after we've moved house). I'd really love jerry to have a friend again!
I agree it is a hard decision but theres a 50/50 chance it could go either way but i think Jerry would get on with another degu from what you have told me before as it sounds like he wants a friend but the other two won't just accept him as they are a pair and see him as an intruder. With one on one its a little different as its just a case of getting them to know and like each other which is a lot simpler. I think to make it work you would have to keep both of them away from Rum and Raison for the time being and let them bond away from distraction. If he is still there in the New Year and your boyfriend says yeah then in my opinion its fate and meant to be

Kirsty

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-17-2005, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinamp
im after the same as you purplebunny ... ill get to 6,067 posts one day lol
A female degu I mean.. Haha!
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-18-2005, 08:47 AM

thats what i ment lol
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 05:02 AM Thread Starter

I'd really love to take him, and am seriously considering it, but my boyfriend is a bit against it... the lady giving the degu is pregnant, so probably wouldn't be able to take the degu back if jerry and him didn't get on...

from the post:
"He comes with his own cage and all accesories, and we would be able to deliver him, to a reasonable distance, as we have an estate. His cage is quite big 3ft x 3ft x 1.5ft, with wheel and food and toys. "
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 12-19-2005, 01:41 PM

Aww.. I wish I could take him I have 3 boys that I'm sure would love to have another friend.. if only I wasn't so far away

Tags
litter mates