How many - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-03-2003, 12:04 AM Thread Starter
Resident Chatroom Blonde

How many

How many degus do you own?

I have 2 at the moment
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-03-2003, 05:51 AM

I had 5 adults and 8 babies....They all went to live with hubbys sister a few weeks ago
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-03-2003, 09:05 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

I have a 2 at the moment a mating pair.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

I Sell Chinchilla Supplies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-03-2003, 10:55 AM
Playful Pup

I adopted 2 degus from an animal rescue near me in the evening. When I brought them home, one was sniffling and sneezing. I made a morning appointment for her to see the vet. She never made it in - she died that morning.

At the moment, I only have one degu, Chili. I love the way she is so sweet and curious!

The lady at the rescue near me kept 2 degus for herself besides the ones she gave me. I recently saw her and she mentioned she might give them to me because she might get sick of them!

It would be cool to get 2 more!
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-03-2003, 10:44 PM Thread Starter
Resident Chatroom Blonde

Sorry you lost one of your Degus Waggie
I think they are so cool with the different sounds they make and the way mine have finally started letting me hold them.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-04-2003, 04:46 PM
Playful Pup

Thanks, Runt.

I would have liked to have bonded with both of them.

Chili is so cute when she chitters! I don't know if her chittering is happy, scared or what??? I don't do anything that (I think) would scare her. When I give her a treat at night (usually a dry noodle) she comes up to my hand. Sometimes I can hold one of her paws in my thumb and forefinger and pet it

I would love to someday be able to hold her!
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-18-2003, 11:21 AM

Waggie, just curious why would the lady get sick of them? Are they tough to take care of? I've never had degus but they seem like pretty friendly and cute little things
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-18-2003, 05:51 PM Thread Starter
Resident Chatroom Blonde

Quote:
Are they tough to take care of? I've never had degus but they seem like pretty friendly and cute little things
I don't think they are hard to take care of and are very much fun to watch.They make different sounds that are really cute to hear.As far as caring for them they are no trouble at all and are very easy to keep as well as very friendly.I think they are kind of like chinchillas.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-18-2003, 05:59 PM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Well my 2 just became 8 last night lol thought I would change my previous answer, although I will be keeping at least 2 girls if she had any, and will be selling the others when they are ready

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-18-2003, 08:48 PM
Princess in Waiting

Cool

I have zero, but was fascinated with them the first time I saw them. Which led to surfing the 'net looking for info on them. Which led to chinchillas, Maverick and Christi. Which brought me here!

I was kind of hesitant about them because everything talked about how they jump.........could be dangerous around here with the dogs and cat.

CRITTERCALL

"If they care, it doesn't matter; if it matters, they don't care."
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 09:49 AM
Paw-Talk Therapist

Critter I love my degus, they are almost like "mini" chinchillas, basically same type of habits ect.... with the exception of a few health concerns that can come easily with degus, they are very easy to tend to ect.... Just like with every animal, research is important

MCBA Member

Submit your info today

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 12:04 PM
Playful Pup

Angry

Quote:
Originally posted by clearjade
Waggie, just curious why would the lady get sick of them? Are they tough to take care of? I've never had degus but they seem like pretty friendly and cute little things
Oh, they are friendly, cute little things!

The lady wanted to show off the degus to grade school kids for show and tell...

The only reason she would get rid of them is because her rescue involves mostly dogs and cats. She does take in small animals, but really doesn't want to keep them very long for some reason. Not that degus are a lot of work.

She REALLY wanted to get rid of the hamsters I took from her. She always asks if I need a rabbit too (they have plenty!)
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-19-2003, 11:27 PM Thread Starter
Resident Chatroom Blonde

Quote:
I have zero, but was fascinated with them the first time I saw them.
Critter you need to get a few of these furry little things.They ae awesome.I love the way the bark and all the different sounds they make.They also like chinchillas make excellent pets.

Tags
animal rescue