If Anyone Is Online Please Help! - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 12:52 AM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Exclamation If Anyone Is Online Please Help!

My 3 degus are randomly fighting. Ones toe is kinda torn and was bleeding. ones gum was bleeding, and another one has another tron toe, None of them are bleeding anymore!

They're fine for about 10-15 mins and then the start jumping around, wrestling on the ground, and chirping at each other. also they are putting there butts up to each others faces.

The fights are only lasting up to 2-3 mins.

If anyone is online and knows why they are doing this PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!! I'm scared they are gonna seriously hurt each other!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-28-2011, 11:39 AM
Betta Bomb

I don't have any experience with degu's but it sounds like a hierarchy thing to me, establishing who is the top degu (I don't really know if they practise this form of living). I would recommend you separate them though. I would contact a vet on the severity of the injuries as well. The last think you need is infection! If degu's do not do the hierarchy thing I would think the cage is too small. I hope someone knows more and can help you!

In the meantime, separate!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-29-2011, 12:11 AM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Has anything changed in their environment recently? New degu added? Degu newly matured? Cage moved or cleaned? How big is the cage?

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
Playful Pup

Sorry guys i haven't been on since then! they stopped about ten minutes after i posted. They all were fine. they only limped because there feet were cute and the bottom of our cage is not solid. ones eye was a little swollen. but about half a week to a week later they were all fine thanks for the help
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-20-2011, 09:32 PM
Resident Aquarium Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by xDeEdZzYx View Post
Sorry guys i haven't been on since then! they stopped about ten minutes after i posted. They all were fine. they only limped because there feet were cute and the bottom of our cage is not solid. ones eye was a little swollen. but about half a week to a week later they were all fine thanks for the help
I'm glad they stopped fighting. Did you switch to a solid cage bottom?

~Stephanie

"We weep for a bird's cry, but not for a fish's blood. Blessed are those with a voice."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Tags
anyone online, degu help, fighting degus, please help