Imaņa sensed the earthquakes today - Paw Talk - Pet Forums
Degu Discussion Twitching whiskers, curious noses, and all things degu related.

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 09:21 PM Thread Starter

Imaņa sensed the earthquakes today

LOL I am a proud Mama and had to brag on my little girl! We had several earthquakes in the Midwest today, and my little girl sensed them. I don't know about the first earthquake, because that one woke me up this morning.

But there was another one around 10:15, and I had her out to feed her. She stopped eating, and started looking around like she heard something. A few seconds later, the earthquake came. What a little genius!

And this, when she's still not feeling well! She's still not eating real food yet, though I do think she ate a few sunflower seeds last night. But she's keep up with her supplement. I have to really encourage her to get it all down, but she manages.

Just imagine what a little smarty she is when she's feeling 100%!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-18-2008, 09:48 PM
Will It Ever Change?

wow im impressed she noticed!! glad she's feeling better too

"If you can't change your fate, change your attitude." - Amy Tan
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 12:14 AM Thread Starter

hehe I suppose we all think our Degus are especially talented, but that really blew my mind today that she knew the earthquake was coming!

Good news! She is currently eating her FIRST PELLETS since her anesthesia! I made soft pellets for her by sprinkling them with water, and she's eating them. I think the recovery might go a little faster than I had originally thought! Woo hoo! I'm going to make her some more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 03:08 AM
Movin' Up in the Pack

My cat woke me up at about 4:20am. He started smacking my head with his head. xD So I felt it when it happened at 4:37.

I'm not sure about my female degus, but I know my boys were acting a bit out of character that early, so I assume they knew too. ^_^

The epicenter is about 230 miles south of me, so I didn't feel the after shock. Just the one in the morning.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 07:56 AM
Adolescent Pup

she is such a little genious i really hope she starts feeling better soon give her a big hug from me and my boys
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 02:03 PM
Part of the Pack

wow, you guys have little genious's on ur hands!!

Manasmom, I don't think that you want to think about how smart she will be when she is 100% better!!!! LOL JK. SHe just may be a little evil mastermine!!! LOL She is very smart though!

My Second Family:

Snickers---2 year old Sheltie pup
Shadow---1 yr German Shepherd pup
Carmen--- cream longhaired boy kitty
Chloe---black shorthaired girl kitty
Tyge---my baby 1 yr dark tiger kitty

Ebony---(girl) 2 yr old silver fox bunny
Baby ---(Boy) gray Bunny 1 yr old!!
Tweety---6 month loud mouth parakeet

tubby---Winter white dwarf hamster
? ? ?--- 4 goldfish

Two Baby degu's

RIP-- Prettyboy 3 yeat old parakeet

post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

Very cool! It's amazing how smart animals are. (Even the little ones!)

Today she's eating everything soft in sight! Lots of sunflower seeds, oats, and moistened pellets. She's doing great, and this morning had gained a few grams back!
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-19-2008, 08:44 PM
Adolescent Pup

She's so smart! And I'm glad to hear that she's eating now, hopefully she's on her way to recovery!
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 02:39 PM
Paw-Talk Lifer

aaawwww glad to hear shes feeling a little perkier

Interesting note you have made there, we had a small earthquake in the UK in February and beforehand i noticed my degus and chinnies were both quieter then normal but didn't think anything of it till after the event. They really are smart

Kirsty

Visit Degu Rock - Dedicated to Degu Care & Welfare Worldwide

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 02:57 PM

It's amazing what our animals can tell us if we are just tuned into them! A couple of nights ago, I went to bed with all of my windows open and was wakened by my kitty Kirby running back and forth to me and the window frantically. Silly kitty, I thought at first, but when I woke up enough, I knew something was wrong! The weather had changed and the wind was terrible and the rain was pouring in the house! Good kitty. Our animals are very smart and they really watch over those they love. We, as animal lovers are very lucky.
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 04-21-2008, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzKityLvsBrdsTo View Post
We, as animal lovers are very lucky.

Yes, we really are. We are fortunate they are so smart and are willing to help out humans who don't catch on as quickly!
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 09-18-2008, 06:21 PM

Wow, she is so smart! =]

Tags
animal lover, animal lovers, sunflower seeds